Username
Password

10:50 PM on 11/18/09 
User Info.
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
Champaign-Urbana,...
Male - 23 Years Old
Also, both of their books are hilarious. I Am America (And So Can You) literally made me laugh out loud every 2 minutes. I haven't read America: The Book in a while, but I remember loving it when I read it.
11:01 PM on 11/18/09 
User Info.
aoftbsten
Go Buffs.
Boulder, CO
Male - 23 Years Old
I love both of them about equally. They're pretty different in my opinion. Stewart is supposed to be a more serious and sort of balanced anchor (emphasis on sort of). While Colbert is meant to be a lampoon of news anchors, mostly those from fox news or just the conservative view point in general.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious.

P.S. Last nights "Better Know a District" was absolutely amazing.
11:07 PM on 11/18/09 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
I love both of them about equally. They're pretty different in my opinion. Stewart is supposed to be a more serious and sort of balanced anchor (emphasis on sort of). While Colbert is meant to be a lampoon of news anchors, mostly those from fox news or just the conservative view point in general.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious.

P.S. Last nights "Better Know a District" was absolutely amazing.
my district yeaaaaa
12:12 AM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
stealthpeng
ya rly.
Louisville, KY
Male - 26 Years Old
Coming from someone who was raised in a conservative home, and thus has more of conservative mindset on a number of issues... I'm more keen to watching Colbert. Stewart comes off as a prick a lot of times, imo, because he bashes with harsh sarcasm, as opposed to Colbert's mix of sarcasm with parody. I find this gives him a slightly softer-edge... in a good way. In a way that allows me to enjoy seeing his opposing views in the same way I enjoy seeing southpark lampoon some of my views/beliefs. I also admire Steven, just because he is so able to stay in character--that's something that should impress anyone
12:17 AM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
love both
02:02 AM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
Toronto
Male - 26 Years Old
Hmmm. Colbert is definitely funnier. But I enjoy Stewart more for what he does.

@ Dobbs musical entrance.

Stewart has been going on a accountability crusade of journalism by the major news networks. First Crossfire got canceled then Mad Money. He's on a rampage.
09:13 AM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Stewart has been going on a accountability crusade of journalism by the major news networks. First Crossfire got canceled then Mad Money. He's on a rampage.
That's essentially his show. Make fun of all the stupid stuff the media says and call them out on it. What happened with Cramer and Crossfire was just an extreme case of it.
09:29 AM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
Charles777
my anaconda don't
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I always lean a bit more towards Stewart, but lately Colbert has been absolutely hilarious. I like that Jon Stewart is more serious on issues but can also inject humor into what he's saying, especially when he gets into the more serious interviews with guests. I really enjoy both shows, though I have to watch tonight's episodes because I've been planted on the computer all night.
This is pretty much how I feel too.

Also, both of their books are hilarious. I Am America (And So Can You) literally made me laugh out loud every 2 minutes. I haven't read America: The Book in a while, but I remember loving it when I read it.
Great books.
10:03 AM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
anthonythings
libertarian.
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't enjoy Stewart at all. He's hardly funny and at times I find him to be a bit smug.

With that being said, I used to enjoy him a lot a few years back.
12:28 PM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
crimsonandclovr
Halt. Hammerzeit.
Baltimore/DC
Female - 25 Years Old
We talk about them all the time, have discussed making a thread about a million times. Here. This is their political thread.

I am so fucking excited (if you couldn't tell by my avatar) that Andrew McMahon is going to be on the show.

this is the only reason why i'm in this thread. :)
02:33 PM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
fightinirish217
Thanks Anberlin 2002-2014
New York, NY
Male
I love them both, but Colbert kind of bores me sometimes. Stewart never disappoints with his voices and mannerisms. He really is brilliant at what he does.

Is it sad that these two guys are the only ones to go to for honest "reporting" of the actual news media's mistakes and stupidity?
02:56 PM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
greenteaallday
Registered Member
Long Island, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Jon Stewart seems to be the only person on television who tells it like it is.
07:56 PM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't enjoy Stewart at all. He's hardly funny and at times I find him to be a bit smug.

With that being said, I used to enjoy him a lot a few years back.
I can see that you view him as smug, but you have to appreciate what he catches the media fucking up on.
07:58 PM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
America (The Book) is pretty much the greatest thing ever though.
08:01 PM on 11/19/09 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
I've never read it. I just started working at best buy in the media section and I pass it every day. I'll have to use that nifty little discount and pick it up.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos