AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Camera Can't Lie - Days and Days EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.5
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 7
Production 8.75
Creativity 6.75
Lasting Value 7.5
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 79%
Member Ratings
Vocals 9
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 7
Production 9.5
Creativity 5
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 9
Average: 79%

Camera Can't Lie - Days and Days EP

Reviewed by: Gregory Robson (11/20/09)
Camera Can't Lie - Days and Days EP
Record Label: Atlantic Records
Release Date: Oct. 5, 2009

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Owatonna, MN band Camera Can't Lie is on the precipice of national stardom. Their five song EP Days and Days, which serves as a precursor to their major-label debut album features production work from Ron Aniello (Lifehouse, Matt Nathanson, Guster) and mixing by Cliff Norrell (Bruce Springsteen, Prince, the Beastie Boys, Van Halen). They also are managed by Grammy-winning producer Stephen Short who knows his way around the spotlight.

On the five-song sampler, the quartet puts the pedal to proverbial medal and offers four hard-charging, air-tight, Lifehouse-like signals. With triumphant choruses, lilting falsetto, and glossy production, the band has all the tools to make a major dent in the months to come. The band's strongest asset may be vocalist Arjes whose powerhouse vocals have the kind of confidence and charisma that points to nothing but years of chart-topping success.

If the EP does have a downside it's that not one of these songs are incredibly original, thought-provoking or intricate. Save for the acoustic lullaby, "Days and Days," in which Arjes sings, "You can break my heart, if it meant that you would never be alone" little about this sampler is groundbreaking. But then again, not everything has to be De-Loused in the Comatorium. Fans of accessible, no frills, by-the-book radio rock will find plenty of reasons to embrace and absorb all that this Minnesota quartet has to offer. And in the end, sometimes that's all that matters.

Track Listing 1. Casualty
2. The One That Got Away
3. Hold Me Down
4. Risk
5. Days and Days

Camera Can't Lie is Eric Arjes (vocals/guitar)
Josh Bendell (drums)
Kyle Lindsay (bass)

Recommended If You Like Switchfoot, SafetySuit, Green River Ordinance, Lifehouse

Find Them Here Myspace
Website

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25.
07:06 AM on 11/20/09
Garett Press
User Info.
Such a true last line. Cheers Gregory Robson
07:22 AM on 11/20/09
porttheman
CYCLONE POWER!
User Info.
I didn't know they were a 3 piece now. I guess its been a couple years since the last time I saw them.
09:29 AM on 11/20/09
SammiLive4Music
User Info.
I didn't know they were a 3 piece now. I guess its been a couple years since the last time I saw them.
They just became a 3 piece a little more than a month ago. Tim (the keyboardist) left so the boys decided to leave it at just the 3 of them and have a touring guitarist, currently Josh's brother Dustin, who is also very talented.
09:51 AM on 11/20/09
silentone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Without question an incredible band. "the one that got away" is an incredible track.
10:26 AM on 11/20/09
onewheeledrider
Justin Bettman
User Info.
going to give it a listen. didnt know they put out a record. atlantic didnt hype it much
10:46 AM on 11/20/09
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
"Casualty" is a solid track.
10:47 AM on 11/20/09
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
I need to give this a listen. I've loved everything they have released in the past and these are some of the nicest dudes out there. I hope big things happen for them soon.
10:54 AM on 11/20/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
"Casualty" is a solid track.
I was hoping you'd like it.
10:56 AM on 11/20/09
porttheman
CYCLONE POWER!
User Info.
They just became a 3 piece a little more than a month ago. Tim (the keyboardist) left so the boys decided to leave it at just the 3 of them and have a touring guitarist, currently Josh's brother Dustin, who is also very talented.

Ahhhh,gotcha..thanks
10:57 AM on 11/20/09
fanberlinboy
Having trouble inside my skin...
User Info.
Without question an incredible band. "the one that got away" is an incredible track.
Whoa, I totally didn't even know that song was on the EP. Saw it live and loved it. I'll have to check it out on the ep.
11:06 AM on 11/20/09
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
I was hoping you'd like it.
Known about 'em for a while.
Friend of a friend signed them, so woo!
11:09 AM on 11/20/09
x13looDx
User Info.
I like these guys, they've put out some really good stuff
12:17 PM on 11/20/09
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
User Info.
Good dudes, good band. Owatonna is somehow getting on the map with these guys and Owl City. To think, I grew up there.
01:07 PM on 11/20/09
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
Thought these guys got signed to Atlantic? I'm confused about the Virgin Records mention.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS