AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:53 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
sinkinginthesea
Male - 25 Years Old
You see them being a BCS contender in two years or so now?
02:54 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
wrppdarndyrfngr
Ryan Adams > You
Kansas City
Male - 27 Years Old
you dont have to make new individual threads for each new sports story.
04:01 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
new york
Male - 25 Years Old
i dont know why he would leave an up and coming team who went undefeated this year on the way to their bowl game vs. florida. i think if rudy happened today, they could offer him the starting quarterback spot and even he would decline it and say he would rather play one down for texas or alabama instead of that god awful team in south bend. i was scared when i thought randy edsall was going to get the job, thank god he didnt.

anyway, no i do not see them being a BCS contender in 2 years, maybe they will crack the top 15 and actually beat a ranked opponent or navy for the first time in a while but they wont be undefeated in two years playing for the national title or another major bowl.
04:12 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
guccimaneburrrr
You Fancy Huh
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
04:53 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
Andy Young
@YayItsAndy
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I hate you Brian Kelly.

Seriously I really do.
05:13 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
pr0digy
You slit my throat, of all I know.
Orlando, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
You see them being a BCS contender in two years or so now?

Doubt it...they are losing their two star players, and it will take a couple years of recruiting for Kelly to establish a team that fits his style of football.
05:29 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
sinkinginthesea
Male - 25 Years Old
you dont have to make new individual threads for each new sports story.
quit complaining and don't post then.
05:36 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
drawndead
Bllllratttt
Edison, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
i think it'll take 5 years...if he is there that long
05:50 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
Andy Young
@YayItsAndy
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Early rumors for the Cincy job are Skip Holtz (E.Carolina), Chris Peterson (Boise St) and Butch Jones (Central Mich).
As well as Kerry Combs and Jeff Quinn ( Current assistant coaches)
05:59 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 27 Years Old
Doubt it...they are losing their two star players, and it will take a couple years of recruiting for Kelly to establish a team that fits his style of football.

They're returning a good amount of talent on offense next year, despite the departure of Clausen and Tate. Their success will hinge on the strides made by their defense, where almost all their starters are returning(which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you want to look at it).
06:07 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
dignan
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Birmingham, AL
Male
Not much will change. I see ND recruiting blue chip QB's and WR's and not giving two shits about having a good defense. They will continue to lose to ranked opponenets and will be looking for a new coach five years from now.
06:59 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
They just showed a quote from one of Cincy's players....straight ripped Kelly.
07:15 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah...
Quote:
"We already knew what he was going to say. We weren't giving him a round of applause or anything," tight end Ben Guidugli said. "It's like somebody turned their back on us. We brought this whole thing this far. We've come this far. To have someone walk out now is disappointing."
Quote:
"I don't like it," Gilyard said before the banquet. "I feel there was a little lying in the thing. I feel like he'd known this the whole time. Everybody knows Notre Dame's got the money. I kind of had a gut feeling he was going to stay just because he told me he was going to be here."

But, it'd be insane for him not to make that move up...aside from the money, he can set his own schedule, he can recruit far more nationally, and he's guaranteed TV time for all his games...pretty tough to pass up and stay at a school that isn't even really a football school
07:36 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old
i dont know why he would leave an up and coming team who went undefeated this year on the way to their bowl game vs. florida. i think if rudy happened today, they could offer him the starting quarterback spot and even he would decline it and say he would rather play one down for texas or alabama instead of that god awful team in south bend. i was scared when i thought randy edsall was going to get the job, thank god he didnt.

anyway, no i do not see them being a BCS contender in 2 years, maybe they will crack the top 15 and actually beat a ranked opponent or navy for the first time in a while but they wont be undefeated in two years playing for the national title or another major bowl.

I stopped taking you serious after you said Edsall would make a good coach.
07:37 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old

Crist is a better fit to Kelly's offense than Clausen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets