Username
Password

09:46 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
Of Dust and Nations
So roll me further, bitch.
Lansing, MI
Male - 26 Years Old
Haha, no. I just want Central to go down so I don't have to hear Ray Bentley need a change of pants every time he does a Central game or Central gets mentioned.

Hahahaha, I lol'd. You're not the only one who wants Bentley on mute.
09:47 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
wroteurname
Registered Loser
ROCKville, CT
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm not saying he's a terrible coach, even though I kind of worded it like he was. He's just not THAT good, certainly not a better hire than Kelly. Edsalls best success has come with the ground work laid out by Holtz

...Do you even know what the program was like when Edsall took over? Mediocre D1-AA with a 15,000 seat stadium. Neither the move to the Big East or Rentschler Field have anything to do with Holtz either. UConn only moved up to D1A and the Big East after Va Tech, Miami, and BC booked it for the ACC and UConn (Edsall) had to very abruptly make the huge shift in both competition on the field and competition in recruiting. The original plans for The Rent were being drawn up when Robert Kraft said he was going to move the Patriots to CT. Skip Holtz has nothing to do with the current state of UConn football.
09:50 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
wroteurname
Registered Loser
ROCKville, CT
Male - 26 Years Old
dont forget of the 5 games they lost this season, two were by 4 points, two were by 3, and one was by 2...and definitely pulling the team together after jasper howard's murder is a testament of how great of a coach he is.

As much as I'd like to say that they're better than their record would indicate because of all the close losses, that's kind of a cop out. If they were better, they'd have won those games-too many careless plays at the ends of games, and Teggart kinda sucks.
09:56 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
...Do you even know what the program was like when Edsall took over? Mediocre D1-AA with a 15,000 seat stadium. Neither the move to the Big East or Rentschler Field have anything to do with Holtz either. UConn only moved up to D1A and the Big East after Va Tech, Miami, and BC booked it for the ACC and UConn (Edsall) had to very abruptly make the huge shift in both competition on the field and competition in recruiting. The original plans for The Rent were being drawn up when Robert Kraft said he was going to move the Patriots to CT. Skip Holtz has nothing to do with the current state of UConn football.
Yup. The fact that Edsall's had that success, and won the big east conference once, is astounding to me.
11:04 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
I'd take it, getting fired in 4 years for $20 million...seems worth it to me.
11:08 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
Doubt it...they are losing their two star players, and it will take a couple years of recruiting for Kelly to establish a team that fits his style of football.

Never heard of Dayne Crist huh?
11:57 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
pr0digy
You slit my throat, of all I know.
Orlando, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Never heard of Dayne Crist huh?

I still don't think they will be good for a couple years...Look at Rich Rod and Michigan and they have two pretty good QBs. Feel free to make me eat my words if ND ends up being good next season however lol.
12:14 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
I still don't think they will be good for a couple years...Look at Rich Rod and Michigan and they have two pretty good QBs. Feel free to make me eat my words if ND ends up being good next season however lol.

Kelly already has players to fit his system. Rich Rod didn't have that.
12:19 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
Right. They should turn down chances to leave a MAC school.
lol
04:12 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old
That's extremely silly. Like beyond words.

Edsall's a good game coach and he's done a great job turning UConn into what it is today. I agree he wouldn't have been a good fit at Notre Dame though.

How is that silly? Edsall wouldn't of even had the chance to have UConn into what it is today if it weren't for Holtz. He took that program to it's first I-AA playoff game in 100 years and was a big reason they even upgraded to I-A
06:49 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
lostxmyxmind
...is a real girl
Wickliffe/Cincinnati...
Female - 22 Years Old
I know that the ND job is seen as a step up and has more funding, but it still sucks for the UC players. He told them that he was staying before the Pitt game, and now he's gone. At UC he has a lot more freedom than at ND. His star player this year probably would not have been able to play for ND because of academics. He is also going to have to produce almost immediately. When he came to UC, no one was expecting anything spectacular, but with him going to ND, everyone is expecting him to turn this team around in a year which is almost impossible.
06:55 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
I can't wait until Brian Kelly tanks with this program just like Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham, and Charlie Weis before him. ND is not an elite program anymore, and hasn't been one for at least a decade. Have fun at the insight.com/edu poinsettia bowl ND fans
10:59 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
How is that silly? Edsall wouldn't of even had the chance to have UConn into what it is today if it weren't for Holtz. He took that program to it's first I-AA playoff game in 100 years and was a big reason they even upgraded to I-A

That has absolutely nothing to do with the success Edsall has had since the program went D-1. Getting there and having success once you're there are not one in the same.
11:28 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
we are cured
mylovefordanger.bandcamp. com
Male - 30 Years Old

exactly, most people would have done the same thing.

/thread
11:55 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old
I can't wait until Brian Kelly tanks with this program just like Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham, and Charlie Weis before him. ND is not an elite program anymore, and hasn't been one for at least a decade. Have fun at the insight.com/edu poinsettia bowl ND fans

You do realize that there were stretches in Notre Dames history that were far worse than what's going on now right? And that before Alabama struck gold with Saban they were in 20x the hole that Notre Dame is in right now, right?

That has absolutely nothing to do with the success Edsall has had since the program went D-1. Getting there and having success once you're there are not one in the same.

It's not like Holtz hasn't had success at 1A, but I understand what you're saying.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos