Username
Password

08:40 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Adrian Villagomez
Heading Over to See 'Bout This Girl
Austin, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
Discuss what you're currently reading, seek out recommendations, chat about your favorite literature, and so on.

You can still check out the former book thread to discover some new reading material.
08:49 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Still working on 2666. I read two scripts today, one was called Prisoners, can't remember who it was by, and it was really, really bad and generic. The other was The Social Network by Aaron Sorkin and it is fantastic.
09:00 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Adrian Villagomez
Heading Over to See 'Bout This Girl
Austin, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
Still working on 2666. I read two scripts today, one was called Prisoners, can't remember who it was by, and it was really, really bad and generic. The other was The Social Network by Aaron Sorkin and it is fantastic.
You read random scripts?
09:05 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 22 Years Old
Has anybody read any other Jose Saramago stuff? I've barely started Blindness but I know I'm going to love it.
09:12 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
lindZ629
Hold my hand just one more time
LI
Female - 27 Years Old
In the middle of The World Is Flat.

Still on my bookshelf waiting to be read:
Lewis Carroll - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass
Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Story Behind the Song
Chuck Klosterman - Eating the Dinosaur
Audrey Niffenegger - Her Fearful Symmetry
Malcolm Gladwell - What the Dog Saw
and I'm 80% sure my brother is getting me the Pixarpedia, so that's going to be sweet.

Want to purchase:
Jack Kerouac - Big Sur
Malcolm Gladwell - The Tipping Point
Jonathan Safran Foer - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
David Mitchell - Cloud Atlas
Jon Krakauer - Into Thin Air
and a bunch of classic/older ones too.
09:15 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1468621
09:31 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 26 Years Old
Staff Member
subscribing. Still working through The Fall and absolutely loving it.
09:58 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
yellowhouse
there's a lot of beauty, sometimes
Baton Rouge, LA
Male - 24 Years Old
The Brothers Karamazov...Ive been reading this book for quite awhile haha, because I can only read it for so long; I actually have to put it down for awhile to absorb everything that I just read...one of the most challenging things Ive ever read, but I love it so far.

Anything by Haruki Murakami: Ive read After Dark, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, The Elephant Vanishes, and I'm reading A Wild Sheep Chase at the moment...man's a genius.

Also, has anyone here read Naked Lunch? I started reading it the other day and had to put it down because I could not make any kind of sense of it and it frustrated me...
10:03 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
yellowhouse
Baton Rouge, LA
Male - 24 Years Old
Has anybody read any other Jose Saramago stuff? I've barely started Blindness but I know I'm going to love it.

Blindness is fucking amazing.
10:08 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 22 Years Old
Blindness is fucking amazing.

Fantastic!

Also, I couldn't comprehend Naked Lunch for the life of me. I read a third of it or so, and realized I was wasting my time because I wasn't taking any of it in. Will probably try again later in life.
11:34 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Trent Gill
willreadbooksformoney @ tumblr
London, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
Hey all. Just posting for subscription. But anyway, starting tomorrow I'm dipping into DeLillo's Underworld. White Noise is one of my favourites, so it's really about time I took the dive into his mega novel.
12:29 AM on 12/12/09 
User Info.
yellowhouse
Baton Rouge, LA
Male - 24 Years Old
Fantastic!

Also, I couldn't comprehend Naked Lunch for the life of me. I read a third of it or so, and realized I was wasting my time because I wasn't taking any of it in. Will probably try again later in life.

Haha, good, that makes me feel a lot better about it. I read a bit of it, went "what the fuck did I just read?" and put it down haha.
09:49 AM on 12/12/09 
User Info.
Losthope182
----
Hyde Park, NY
Male
I just started Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs last night. I wanted a quick read to get through since I finally have nothing to read for school, never read any Klosterman before but it's pretty funny so far. Also, while I was at Barnes and Nobles last night I picked up IV based on the recommendation of a friend who read Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs before me.
10:42 AM on 12/12/09 
User Info.
lindZ629
Hold my hand just one more time
LI
Female - 27 Years Old
Getting Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs for Christmas, wondering where to go from there if I like it. I know he releases them in order, and that'd be easiest, but I've heard some of his books are better than other. Any recs?
Personally I'd rank them like this (best to average): Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, Killing Yourself to Live, IV, Downtown Owl, Fargo Rock City (Haven't read Eating the Dinosaur yet). That's basically the same order I read them in too, just switch Killing Yourself to Live and IV.
I don't know what you mean by releasing them in order, since you don't need to read Fargo Rock City or Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs in order to understand the ones released later on.
11:04 AM on 12/12/09 
User Info.
dakota0135
Whorecruxes
UK
Female - 22 Years Old
I just finished The Wild Things. I did enjoy it, but I don't think I liked how the wild things could talk. It just felt wrong, I always imagined them as silent for some reason. I did like how the narration was based a lot on what Max was feeling himself, and his perception of the world around him.

I started The Color Purple on Friday.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version