|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Red Cliche, The - 01.02.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
The Red Cliche
1. How did you get your band name?
When the band first started, we went through about 4 names which were all super shitty. I was listening to The Honorary Title one day and heard the line in the song "Everything I Once Had" and thought it sounded pretty rad, so we decided to use it as a place holder until we found a better one. Being the lazy group of kids that we are, we never found a better one.
2. How did this band get started?
I needed something to do for a big project during my senior year of high school, so I got the help of two friends and recorded a full length album that became the first TRC record. It sucks, but it's where we came from.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I grew up on blink-182, New Found Glory, Rancid, and The Ataris. Anything associated with that sound is where we get our sound.
Also, our very good good good friends, Looks To Make History and We Are Only Fiction (R.I.P. both).
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Looks To Make History and We Are Only Fiction because we only played a handful of shows with them when they were active and I would love to see both play one more time.
Also, I'd LOVE to play with The Ataris from So Long, Astoria or before.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
no furries for me.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're kids. We like to have fun. We get stoked on the little things. Life is meant to be enjoyed, and we look to make that happen. Also, I write lame love songs about girls that I fell in love with who fucked me over. I know that happens to everyone, so why not sing about it?
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
All of our songs are easy as fuck. But, we just finished up a new jam that gets pretty chordy, so I'd say that one.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mom and Tom Delonge
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd ask people to give a shit about pop/punk like in the early 2000's. None of this pop/core bullshit. Pop/punk shouldn't have breakdowns. end of story.
Also, no more crunk bands please...
10. Memorable tour experience?
Not really a tour story, but in the summer of 2009, we had a one off show in Tennessee with our friends Word Travels Fast (also from GA) and Glue Gun (from TN) and on the way back we found a little river off the highway to go swimming in. So, we all pulled off to the side to hop in for a little swim. After a little bit of pressure from everyone, our bassist decided to be the first one to go skinny dipping. The main problem with this scenario was that the water was about knee deep, maybe a little higher. Anyways, his whole setup was completely out of the water when all of a sudden a pack of about 5 or 6 canoes comes around the river bend right towards us. That afternoon, about 6 families with kids and all saw Justin Hardwick's junk.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Music News! duh!
As a student, I gotta have something to keep me awake during those boring lectures.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of ours? We have this one song called "See You Around" that I wrote a loooooong time ago when I was like 15 or so. It has since been turned into a NoFX-tempo punk song. It's super fun because all our friends know the words and sing it and get pumped and everything.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I don't really vacation a lot, but I'd like to visit one of those places where all the houses are right above the water and all the walkways are bridges and stuff. Those look rad.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink-182's "dude Ranch" really sends me back.
I used to listen to a lot of Motown with my mom when I was younger too, so I'd say that as well.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Laser beams from my shaft.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not at all, we're lazy.
But, as far as recording goes, we'll beat out any other band out there with our same laziness.
1 full length, 1 split, 2 ep's, and a billion demos
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I have a mild form of tourette syndrome. I don't curse involuntarily or anything like that, I just make a lot of weird noises. A lot of people think I'm moaning all the time, but really I have no idea that it's happening.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Misfit's cover sets, homie.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
write and record songs.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
not a lot haha
I'm unnecessarily quiet, but I don't think that's really a talent.
09:28 AM on 01/05/10
great band!!! one of the best locals!!! nice dudes also!!!
11:07 AM on 01/05/10
oh yeah, almost forgot. Have you seen my ghost?
I've been looking for it everywhere.
More From This Author
Buy the Music