Username
Password

04:58 PM on 07/29/12 
User Info.
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
Finally saw this last night. Very good movie. One question I have is, did Aunt May figure out who peter really was at the end of the movie?
I was wondering that myself on second watch. It seemed like it might be one of those unspoken understandings.
02:54 PM on 07/30/12 
User Info.
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
So it's definitely not Norman Osborn in the cell at the end (as many in here figured):

Quote:
Capone: Okay, what do you think about that ending?

RI: Well, Connors is basically locked up in a very high-security mental institution.

Capone: We were debating whether it was a prison or a mental institute.

RI: It's not a zoo. [laughs] I kept seeing it as maybe a mixture of both. Then a representative from OsCorp appears miraculously in the room. How he gets in there and how he leaves, we don’t know. Maybe we will find out. But it’s not Norman Osborn.

Capone: It’s not? You can say that?

RI: Yeah. But it is someone who is in the employ of Norman Osborn without question.

Capone: Someone we're familiar with, who we don’t know is employed by Osborn?

RI: Yeah.

Capone: Okay, interesting.

RI: Who knows? Maybe he will be the next bad guy; we’ll see.

From an interview with Rhys Ifans

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56771
07:39 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
So, Fox is going to allow Marc Webb to shoot TASM2 if he commits to directing two movies for them. Even the Marvel properties they don't own are sabotaged by Fox.
08:52 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
Beer4Breakfast
No Avatar Selected
Male - 28 Years Old
Hate to be negative but I was not into this movie AT ALL. I feel this movie got way too much praise because it's so shiny and new. For everyone who thought the Raimi movies were cheesy (which they were even if you like them you can't deny that) this movie was just as bad. Although I thought this one was a swing and a miss I do think the next movie has potential now that they got the origin story out of the way. I just honestly think this movie won't age well at all.
09:58 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
Hate to be negative but I was not into this movie AT ALL. I feel this movie got way too much praise because it's so shiny and new. For everyone who thought the Raimi movies were cheesy (which they were even if you like them you can't deny that) this movie was just as bad. Although I thought this one was a swing and a miss I do think the next movie has potential now that they got the origin story out of the way. I just honestly think this movie won't age well at all.

I kind of agree with you. Raimi's films were tonally flawed (major cheese factor), but ASM was structurally flawed IMO.
10:16 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
I definitely understand the complaints as well. I enjoyed the film personally, but a lot was clearly left on the cutting room floor (and there's a ton of evidence out there to support that) and I wasn't a huge fan of the score on the second viewing. I liked the soundtrack (Coldplay, The Shins, etc.) but the Horner score was distracting at times (for example, I don't think it worked at all during the school fight scene between Lizard and Spidey). I like the movie, but I think the sequel will be better.
10:45 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
Male - 21 Years Old
I completely disagree with you. This film was nowhere near as cheesy as Raimi's movies.
11:17 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
ironoption
I completely disagree with you. This film was nowhere near as cheesy as Raimi's movies.
It wasn't as cheesy, but it was near it, haha. The only thing that saved it was the emotional/dramatic aspect. The action/CGI was just as bad as Raimi's.
01:04 PM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
Beer4Breakfast
No Avatar Selected
Male - 28 Years Old
The CGI was brutal at points. I can sympathize its definitely not an easy task bringing a giant lizard to life but he did look like he was directly inspired by the gumbas from the super Mario bros movie.

The fight scenes left a lot to be desired. On the positive side I did like how spiderman moved more like a spider this time around. There was just nothing iconic or even comparable to scenes like the train battle from SM2.

And for everyone who complained about how much spiderman took off his mask in the Raimi movies I haven't seen anyone even mention how little time he spent with his mask on in this movie. It seemed like he was without mask way more than he was with. Peter seemed to have no care in the world about concealing his secret identity. By the end of this movie it felt like too many people knew Peter was spiderman. The great thing about him having a secret identity is that it creates for great moments of tension with him trying to make sure no one finds out he's spiderman. This movie severely lacked that drama as no one even seemed to react when they found out they just seemed to immediately accept it.

And the score was VERY distracting and at times downright laughable
01:51 PM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
In ultimate spider-man, a ton of people knew his identity. It was like a running joke that he sucked at keeping it a secret. Dunno how different it is from ASM, but the movie seems to draw a lot of influence from USM.
03:31 PM on 08/11/12 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Finally saw it. I liked it a lot.
01:59 AM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
purebosh
xxx(-o-)xxx
NorCal
Male - 28 Years Old
This was alright. Not nearly as bad as Raimi's abominations, but the action/CGI wasn't very good. It was at its best when the mask was off.
09:53 AM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
This movie really hasn't sat well with me. I liked it for the most part when I saw it, but thinking back the story was just structured poorly, perhaps due to cutting out all the interesting plotlines.
06:06 AM on 08/13/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
Still need to see this movie..
01:10 PM on 09/28/12 
User Info.
bhs1158
hold high how faint your reasons
Rochester, NY
Male - 29 Years Old
Marc Webb returning for Amazing Spider-Man 2.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos