cough Brainy Jane cough
10:48 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
cough Brainy Jane cough

If you're referring to MJ's nickname in USM, yes, she is a smart good student in that comic. But, also, she's Peter's primary love interest from the beginning of that series, and Gwen is a punk rocker. It's not exactly canon with The Amazing Spider-Man, although, with certain Ultimate aspects being present in the film, I could see them spinning that sort of persona on MJ. I'd prefer a character more like her original portrayal in the 616 universe, though.
10:57 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
It is. She's an attractive, wild partyer who wouldn't have even been able to be in a serious relationship had it not been for Gwen's death. Nothing "Michael Bay" about it, it's just comic fact. She's supposed to be a model.

Emma Stone isn't model quality either, she's just the most charming female on the planet. Woodley is still growing up and can easily be model quality or at the very least, high school model quality without looking like a Michael Bay plastic model.

EDIT: And yes, that Seventeen logo makes me posting this look creepy. She's almost 21. It checks out!
12:16 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
If you're referring to MJ's nickname in USM, yes, she is a smart good student in that comic. But, also, she's Peter's primary love interest from the beginning of that series, and Gwen is a punk rocker. It's not exactly canon with The Amazing Spider-Man, although, with certain Ultimate aspects being present in the film, I could see them spinning that sort of persona on MJ. I'd prefer a character more like her original portrayal in the 616 universe, though.
Exactly, it's possible that she'll be more like the Ultimate MJ for all we know. I think I'd prefer if they can incorporate bits of both because that's probably the easiest way to make her distinct from Gwen and Kirsten Dunst's MJ.
12:27 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I just think the book-smart MJ is too similar to Gwen
02:21 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
I agree that being a model and whatnot is fundamental to who MJ is. "Brainy Jane" doesn't makes sense with the classic smart-and-gorgeous Gwen approach they took.

I was actually hoping they'd bring MJ in with 2 so they could show her transition from party girl to great friend and companion after Gwen's death (I assume in 3), like in the comics. If they go "girl next door" approach, I'll be disappointed.
03:48 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Ismael182
I'd love to turn you on
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
Agreed about the apparent MJ casting. She's not really a bombshell, can't really picture her saying, "Go get 'em Tiger" and be super sexy about it.
03:58 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
I was hoping for a bigger name too. After Peter, she's the most recognizable person associated with Spiderman. I know people who are still asking why she wasn't in this one. After getting Emma Stone as Gwen, I think they really need to step up the casting for such an icon.
04:42 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I think I'd prefer a breakout kind of actress rather than a really popular one for MJ. Having a hard time thinking of good young/young-ish popular actresses (that aren't Elizabeth Olsen or Jennifer Lawrence) that could do it.
07:13 AM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
Philippines
Male
Maybe they could go the The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series approach with Gwen's and MJ's roles.

Really though, I just wanted an excuse to bring that show up. Damn good show.
01:44 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I think I'd prefer a breakout kind of actress rather than a really popular one for MJ. Having a hard time thinking of good young/young-ish popular actresses (that aren't Elizabeth Olsen or Jennifer Lawrence) that could do it.
I'm completely fine with Woodley getting cast due to her acting ability, but I believe my other possible choices could be Alexandra Daddario, Jessica Lowndes, and Allison Williams:

02:00 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Lyndsey Fonsenca.
02:54 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Daddario and Williams could work. I like Lowndes but I don't think she'd fit the role well. Dianna Agron and Mary Elizabeth Winstead come to mind for me.
03:08 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Chick from Dredd
04:02 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL