AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Earth - Hex; Or Printing in the Infernal... Album Cover

Earth - Hex; Or Printing in the Infernal...

Reviewed by
Earth - Hex; Or Printing In The Infernal Method
Record Label: Southern Lord
Release Date: October 23, 2005
This review is a user submitted review from Rationalist. You can see all of Rationalist's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
10:00 PM on 01/12/10
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
good review. been meaning to check them out for a while now.
12:06 PM on 01/14/10
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
the main review page listed the score as a 57% and I came in here completely ready to flame your ass.

thankfully I didn't, nice review.
06:53 PM on 01/16/10
Rationalist
Insert Offensive User Title Here
User Info.
the main review page listed the score as a 57% and I came in here completely ready to flame your ass.

thankfully I didn't, nice review.

Yeah, it does that because it's an instrumental. However, I disagree with you flaming people for not liking your music taste. If they can back their opinion well, it really doesn't matter.

Example of not how to do a review when you don't fit into the status quo:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=33802
09:56 PM on 01/16/10
TriangularDuck
User Info.
Yeah, it does that because it's an instrumental. However, I disagree with you flaming people for not liking your music taste. If they can back their opinion well, it really doesn't matter.

It's not that I'd be flaming someone for "not liking my music taste," it's that especially on the inflated scale most reviewers on AP.net review by, a 57% for this album would require some sort of major disconnect by the listener from what's actually on the disk, or them just saying "HURR THIS MUSIC IS BORING," which is something that I would be completely OK flaming someone for. If someone reviewing this album thinks that it's boring, then maybe they shouldn't be reviewing drone records.
05:40 PM on 01/18/10
Rationalist
User Info.
It's not that I'd be flaming someone for "not liking my music taste," it's that especially on the inflated scale most reviewers on AP.net review by, a 57% for this album would require some sort of major disconnect by the listener from what's actually on the disk, or them just saying "HURR THIS MUSIC IS BORING," which is something that I would be completely OK flaming someone for. If someone reviewing this album thinks that it's boring, then maybe they shouldn't be reviewing drone records.
True. I remember reading this review for Alcest's Souvenirs... and they were upset because it wasn't black metal, and they said the shoegaze aspects of it were boring.
05:56 PM on 01/18/10
TriangularDuck
User Info.
True. I remember reading this review for Alcest's Souvenirs... and they were upset because it wasn't black metal, and they said the shoegaze aspects of it were boring.
good god, I'd like to track down that guy and punch him in the face. He probably deserves it.
06:05 PM on 01/18/10
Rationalist
User Info.
good god, I'd like to track down that guy and punch him in the face. He probably deserves it.
You can start here:
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=19648
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/profile.php?name=Crysis

I started an official thread for Alcest today, check it out if it would please you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos