AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Number 9 Hard - 01.12.10

Number 9 Hard - 01.12.10

Interviewed by
Number 9 Hard - 01.12.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Number 9 Hard
www.myspace.com/number9hard

1. How did you get your band name?
Personal - it is the size of our anatomy combined; 9 inches....hard. Haha not really, but that would be a good one. It actually came from Taco Bell. A Number 9 with a Hard Shell Taco; somehow the name just stuck and that's that.

2. How did this band get started?
Original it was Ron 9 and I (Chris Hard). We had a band in High School that broke up but we still had a show booked. I hate canceling shows so we said, "Fuck it, we got a month, le'ts start a new band and play it." So we found our first drummer, Greg, and did it. Since then we have added a second guitar player, Ugly Tom, and a new drummer, TP.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Suicide Machines, Operation Ivy, Choking Victim, Rancid, Potshot

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

Operation Ivy for sure! They are one of our biggest influences and they did so much in such a short time! It would be rad as fuck!

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A furry....what the fuck kind of question if this, man?.....we don't dress up, we just fuck animals.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Cuz we are fucking rad! I don't know, man. Probably because we play upbeat fast ska punk party music. And if ya come to a show it is a fucking party and we will be drunk as fuck!

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Fuck, ummm.... "Pipe Bomb" is one of my favorites and I can see that being a pretty difficult song for some one trying to play on bass.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Every bar that let us drink under age, SBS, Antiseptic, Ohio, Benedict Arnold, our fans, family, and friends.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Lower fucking show prices...fuck paying $20 to see some band... let's do this shit for the love of music!

10. Memorable tour experience?
Being on tour in general is the best fucking experience! There are so many it is so hard to choose....It would have to be one of those states that we got drunk and fucked shit up... Probably this last year(2009) when we played at the Spitfire Saloon. They had a cage around the stage and as we played there were kids climbing it and jumping off it!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Well, its a great web site that allows both big and small bands to be able to announce news and connect with fans all over the world.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
We all really enjoy doing the cover of "Party Hard" by Andrew WK, but of our own songs I would have to say "Pipebomb".

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Wherever the fuck I happen to be on that specific day of tour.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Punk music

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Ever see X-man Wolverine movie? Remember weapon 11? His Powers! For fuck sakes... he can make swords come out of his hands!

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not quite yet, we have done a lot but I believe we have so much more to do.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

That we bust our asses to do what we do and love doing it. We aren't always a bunch of drunk idiots.....ok, maybe we are.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
New years or St. Patrick's Day.... can you tell yet that we like to have fun and get trashed?

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Write music, Party, Hang out, Bike

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
umm...idk nothing really.... I can fix computers pretty well

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums