Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 28 of 28.
10:05 PM on 02/15/10
setsailprairie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There actually is one breakdown in "Everyone Looks So Good From Here." I wish you could've written about that song more, because that's definitely one of my favorite songs on the album, if not one of my favorite songs that they've ever written.

However, I completely agree with you on how great the album is. It's amazing how one band can change so much, completely switch to a different style of music, and at the same time do it so well. No doubt that they're all very talented musicians and great songwriters. Ø FTW.
10:05 AM on 02/16/10
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
There actually is one breakdown in "Everyone Looks So Good From Here." I wish you could've written about that song more, because that's definitely one of my favorite songs on the album, if not one of my favorite songs that they've ever written.

However, I completely agree with you on how great the album is. It's amazing how one band can change so much, completely switch to a different style of music, and at the same time do it so well. No doubt that they're all very talented musicians and great songwriters. Ø FTW.
Yes, you're right.

There is one, but they don't overuse them, which is great for an album like this.

And I'm glad you agree with me, thank you. :)
09:53 PM on 02/22/10
sweepthenation
Vickadelphia
User Info.
Amazing album
01:27 AM on 03/08/10
AirTraffic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can't go wrong with Underoath.
And there are not a TON of bands that sound exactally like underoath...
Underoath doesn't do breakdowns every 5 seconds consisting of simply chugging and open D...or C...or B...or freaking A.
05:37 PM on 04/21/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
Can't go wrong with Underoath.
And there are not a TON of bands that sound exactally like underoath...
Underoath doesn't do breakdowns every 5 seconds consisting of simply chugging and open D...or C...or B...or freaking A.
What I mean by bands sounding like Underoath, I mean screamed vocals wise.
05:13 PM on 05/10/10
AaRoNpUnK
fuck the thrill of the chase.
User Info.
the sickest record ever. single handedly got me into heavy music 4 years ago and its still busting my eardrums :)
10:10 PM on 05/11/10
AirTraffic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What I mean by bands sounding like Underoath, I mean screamed vocals wise.

Well yeah sure, most Post-Hardcore bands have screaming vocals...just like most Country singers sing with a twangy voice, and radio rock bands sing like they have throat cancer, and Rappers say "Yo" after every line, and R&B singers are always singing with plenty of vibrato and trill every line. It's called style, they're nothing wrong with it. I absolutely hate Country music, and I can't stand the twangy voices, but some Country artists are very talented, and there is nothing wrong with some people liking it. Same with Post-Hardcore and screaming vocals.

Music shouldn't be about trying to be as "different" as you possibly can. New styles don't just develop overnight by one ground breaking band, they slowly change over years of bands and artists taking whatever genre it is they do just a tiny step further with each album they put out. - My new quote =]
01:53 PM on 05/12/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
Well yeah sure, most Post-Hardcore bands have screaming vocals...just like most Country singers sing with a twangy voice, and radio rock bands sing like they have throat cancer, and Rappers say "Yo" after every line, and R&B singers are always singing with plenty of vibrato and trill every line. It's called style, they're nothing wrong with it. I absolutely hate Country music, and I can't stand the twangy voices, but some Country artists are very talented, and there is nothing wrong with some people liking it. Same with Post-Hardcore and screaming vocals.

Music shouldn't be about trying to be as "different" as you possibly can. New styles don't just develop overnight by one ground breaking band, they slowly change over years of bands and artists taking whatever genre it is they do just a tiny step further with each album they put out. - My new quote =]
Well of course they have screaming vocals!

And of course they have style. Otherwise nothing but a clone of waves would pass by.
04:03 PM on 06/09/10
Hidden In NJ
Cilvia Demo
User Info.
Kind of late... but true! Awesome record, Great review!!!
08:15 PM on 06/10/10
kkman99
emo is a gang
User Info.
I love Underoath...they're AMAZING...but I think there's better bands out there. Not many though, haha. Because Underoath is SO original with their lyrics and their Christian, which makes it so hard to break into modern rock with similar bands like Silverstein or Dance Gavin Dance.
06:16 PM on 07/18/10
TyBreaker
www.facebook.com/IWasAfraid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is my favorite album from UO. Far more favorable songs than other songs imo. In ranking Id say this, Act of Depression (yea, the ep), LSOS, CoT, and then TOCS. Good review, I agree that they have a shock and awe talent.
09:35 AM on 11/12/10
I'mAGetUpKid
...welcome to the new year.
User Info.
This album is amazing, but there are tons of breakdowns.
11:41 PM on 05/30/11
sonnyboy
James Heck
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"casting such a thin shadow" is just...wow...
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests