AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:32 PM on 09/08/11 
User Info.
Mr.G
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old

I would never pay for any type of submission site. The fact is even if someone does check your stuff out, no one cares, because you had to submit to a sight. Your contract will look something like this: $0. The way to get attention is to generate buzz on your own, so you have something to leverage when negotiating.

Unfortunately the key to success in the industry right now is to never have played a live show in your life, have a marginal voice, process the hell out of your vocal, and cover top 40 songs including hip hop, but on an acoustic guitar or piano. This is the only way you will get to the top of any sort of charts. That or hacking. Unfortunately charts are pretty much the only places A&Rs look nowadays, as they are very busy wining and dinning. Not even kidding I have grown our Facebook following from 2,000 to 115,000 in a matter of a year, and not a single A&R has contacted me. I will tell you straight up no record label will make you successful. In general they are too busy with their artist that are selling well to invest in new acts.
08:40 PM on 09/08/11 
User Info.
Mr.G
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
Bottom line is that if you could just buy your way into the industry, a lot more people would. Well... I guess you can, you just have to have enough money. Look at Kim Kardashian or LMFAO (see link below for the latter).

Must See!

The stock market is actually a good place to get insight into new emerging trends. i.e. Spotify is not only going to be in the United States now, but is supposed to be integrating with Facebooks platform--something you would only know if you follow Wall Street. Believe me, there is a powerful brain behind Redfoo's afro, and it is more businessman than musician!
07:35 PM on 09/09/11 
User Info.
Fringe
facebook.com/HigherAndHigherMusic
Edmonton, Alberta
Male - 19 Years Old
The use of Comic Sans put me off almost instantly.

I want to join in and say it sounds like a scam but I'm not totally convinced it is. It is a little suspect that they ask for $25 to submit a track and the website does look quite amateur, however I'd be interested in speaking to someone who has submitted music to them and see what kind of response (if any) they got before making a decision.

I became suspicious when I saw Comic Sans, too.
03:07 PM on 09/16/11 
User Info.
Music Pro
No Avatar Selected
Male - 36 Years Old
To answer the main question about RECORD LABEL SUBMIT its owned by Universal records A&R Steven Law. He is the guy who signed rapper Nelly & a whole lot of rock & punk bands. He has a article in Billboard magazine about the RLS service. I see people upset that they charge $25 for a submission but just think if the service was free how many non serious artists will be submitting in front of you making the service non valuable. The music industry is a business and there are no handouts so get off your lazy asses & get a job to fund your music career & stop complaining.
03:24 PM on 09/17/11 
User Info.
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
Cleveland, OH
Male - 30 Years Old
To answer the main question about RECORD LABEL SUBMIT its owned by Universal records A&R Steven Law. He is the guy who signed rapper Nelly & a whole lot of rock & punk bands. He has a article in Billboard magazine about the RLS service. I see people upset that they charge $25 for a submission but just think if the service was free how many non serious artists will be submitting in front of you making the service non valuable. The music industry is a business and there are no handouts so get off your lazy asses & get a job to fund your music career & stop complaining.

If he wants serious artists, tell him to get a serious website.
04:28 AM on 09/18/11 
User Info.
Logic is Truth
No Avatar Selected
Rhinelander, WI
Male - 24 Years Old

This man speaks the truth.
09:18 PM on 09/18/11 
User Info.
not now
Please stay, until I'm gone...
No Avatar Selected
Kansas
Male - 23 Years Old
Try it and then tell us!
08:46 PM on 10/06/11 
User Info.
Mr.G
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old

Lol! A&Rs typically just look at who is at the top of the charts--right now that is a bunch of cover artists. Ironically even labels don't take them seriously, but sign them anyways. Seems to me the A&R should be working harder, artists have their own job, making art.
02:03 PM on 10/09/11 
User Info.
wecameaswaffles
Alternately Thrilled & Desperate
University of Mass..
Female - 17 Years Old
made me lol
01:58 PM on 10/12/11 
User Info.
solidgoldturner
GEORGIA
Male - 27 Years Old
any website you see that offers different "packages" where they do different promotional efforts for your band are total bullshit. we had a guy almost scam us out of $800, but he disappeared off the face of the fucking earth when I tried to put my lawyer in touch with him. Musicians are too gullible...and these people try to capitalize off it it.

It's like this, the world is about 5% real, genuinely nice people, the other 95% are just wolves knocking at the door looking to make a dollar off you. Don't trust anyone who isn't accredited in this business.
08:04 AM on 10/18/11 
User Info.
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
Ohio
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm tempted to steal $25 and try this for the good of the ap community. Haha
02:47 PM on 10/25/11 
User Info.
TMIMBlake
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
definitely a scam
10:50 AM on 11/04/11 
User Info.
mark.james
No Avatar Selected
Redondo Beach, CA
Male - 33 Years Old
I'll take one for the team. I submitted the $25. I'll keep you all updated

mark
www.derivaband.com
09:32 PM on 11/08/11 
User Info.
mark.james
No Avatar Selected
Redondo Beach, CA
Male - 33 Years Old
Hi ,our records show a e-demo request & payment for the amount of $25.00 on 11/04/11. The Pay pal transaction is your receipt for this service.
TRANSACTION #<edited>

Please reply with the following information via email:

Artist Name
Photo
Bio
Phone
Email
URL
(1) MP3 File
Music Genre

Kathy Davis
Record Label Submit.com
09:32 PM on 11/08/11 
User Info.
mark.james
No Avatar Selected
Redondo Beach, CA
Male - 33 Years Old
Thanks,our records now show a submission on 11/08/11. The Pay pal transaction is your receipt for this service.Labels contact potential artists directly,however we do send emails if a label requests more info on a certain artist.

INFO SUBMITTED TO THE A&R DEPARTMENT(S) OF THE FOLLOWING LABELS:

Universal Records - USA,UK,CANADA
Atlantic Records -USA
Virgin Records - USA,UK,CANADA
Capital Records - USA,UK,CANADA
EMI Records - USA,UK,CANADA
Warner Bro Records -USA,UK,CANADA
Mercury Records - USA,UK,CANADA
Sony Records - USA,UK,CANADA
Epic Records -USA,UK,CANADA
Interscope- Records -USA,UK,CANDA

Kathy Davis