1. How did you get your band name?
- It was a name we came up with back in our high school days. We used to be called Forever Broken but that sounded way too emo! While we were bouncing around ideas for a new name we thought we heard Alex's (Vocals/Bassist) mom say it's the Dare of the Day. Turns out that's not the case but, but it stuck and we've used it ever since.
2. How did this band get started?
- Tony and I (Kerry) met each other through hockey in grade school. I started playing guitar my freshman year of High school when I found out Tony had a guitar too just never played it. I showed him the ropes a little bit and now he's better than me but...haha. Tony and I began jamming together and writing songs for about a year before Austin, our drummer, joined the band. I had met Austin in high school and the kid kept asking if he could play guitar with us. I had to keep telling him that we already had two guitar players. I mentioned to him that we need a drummer and he said, "Okay I have a drum set," and the rest is history. Alex out bassist came along after a year or so of us 3 playing; he was good friends with Austin and played bass, so naturally it worked out.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
- Our major influences for our band as a whole would probably consist of Rise Against, Thrice, Thursday, and of course Blink 182 (the band that got us all into the music we listen to these days).
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
- I would have to say Rise Against because they really have influenced us a whole a ton. Their lyrics are so powerful and that's what we try to portray in our music as well. Plus they just seem like really cool dudes!
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
- Probably a penguin because they are always dressed for the occasion and they don't have any knees!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
- Why not? Haha, just kidding. I feel like we have a distinct sound unlike everything else that is being juiced out of the music scene these days. Also we try and write lyrics that are socially progressive and hope that people feel empowered in any shape or form after listening to our music. Plus we're a bunch of nice dudes and it's always nice to listen to a band and know it's backed by honest, genuine people.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
- Haha first off I'm the king at Rock Band (on the drums, at least, even though I play guitar), but I've love for our song "Where We Stand" to be on there because it's a faster song and it's catchy. I'm a sucker for catchy music! As far as getting 5 Stars, probably easy because we're not a super technical band. We focus more on song structure.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
- Whatever basket case that thought we were good enough to win one, haha. Probably those who stuck the hard times out with us and gave us inspiration to keep moving forward (Girlfriends, family, friends) - the norm.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
- That bands these days stop making carbon copies of each other. Big D and the Kids Table once said "Some say that youth's only tragedy is being unoriginal."
10. Memorable tour experience?
- Our last day on our tour last spring in Lafayette, IN. It was just a hole in the wall coffee that we thought would be a big let down. A lot of kids ended up showing and went off even though they had never heard of us before. It was great because around where we are from, it seems like everyone just stands there with their arms crossed. To see kids that never even heard us get into our music the way that they did was such an amazing feeling.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
- It's definitely a great place to hear new music, and for our band a great place for promotion! Keep up the good work guys, you're awesome!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
- I say "Pangea" is my favorite song to play. It's our first song on our CD and the first song we always play live. It's just comes in hard and in your face; great way to start a show.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
- Somewhere warm! It's freezing in IL right now.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
- Backstreet Boys straight up. I used to play Millennium front to back over and over and over!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
- I've always wanted to teleport. It would save so much more time, I wouldn't waste money, and I'd probably stop smoking because I drive for the hell of it way too much!
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
- No, maybe someday, maybe not. Either way music isn't going anywhere.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
- It seems that most fans don't know that we're the shit! haha just kidding. I don't know... maybe that we used to be a pop punk band?
18. What's your favorite holiday?
- Fourth of July for sure - summer and fireworks. Christmas means you have to deal with relatives.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
- NHL10 on Xbox 360!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
- "i can do 100 push ups in 20 Mins!"