AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AFI News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AFI Beautiful Thieves Trailer

Posted by - 09:46 AM on 01/22/10
AFI have posted a trailer for their upcoming video for "Beautiful Thieves" on their website.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
09:52 AM on 01/22/10
Echo Park
User Info.
didn't like the album. They're getting repetitive
09:53 AM on 01/22/10
DXH
User Info.
Looks very cool. Can't wait!

Oh and Crash Love is really good!
10:00 AM on 01/22/10
JustAHomeBoy
User Info.
Great album, but poor single choice. There are much better songs in the album. I thought that "Darling, I Want to Destroy You" was going to be their next single.
10:14 AM on 01/22/10
Scrandon
User Info.
I think its the best song on that album
10:15 AM on 01/22/10
thekinison
Use the fuckin pikey...
User Info.
fantastic song.
10:20 AM on 01/22/10
schaft
iESTOY POOPIN!
User Info.
Why do bands keep releasing trailers for music videos? Just seems fucking stupid to me.
10:31 AM on 01/22/10
Shogun
User Info.
Why do bands keep releasing trailers for music videos? Just seems fucking stupid to me.
Agreed. It seems like a very half-assed attempt at getting some attention.
10:32 AM on 01/22/10
Shogun
User Info.
Great album, but poor single choice. There are much better songs in the album. I thought that "Darling, I Want to Destroy You" was going to be their next single.
Yeah, I don't mind this song, but I don't understand why it went before all of the other songs - Darling included.
10:46 AM on 01/22/10
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
User Info.
IMHO end transmission would've been best... but looks good either way.
01:29 PM on 01/22/10
OdeToTheSun
WWSVD
User Info.
Probably my favorite song off Crash Love.
02:04 PM on 01/22/10
ligers
User Info.
IMHO end transmission would've been best... but looks good either way.
I agree.
Trailer looks good though.
02:30 PM on 01/22/10
mike81488
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Felt like the song was one of the weakest on the album, but when I talk to random people I meet that have heard the album, they always list this one as their favorite song.

Personally, I feel like "Ok, I Feel Better Now" is the best song on the album, but it's probably not a good single choice. Shoulda been the last song on the album though. "I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here" would make for a great single, but since it's in 3/4 and similar to "Miss Murder", I don't think they would use it. "End Transmission" is a very typical AFI song and would probably make for an acceptable single.

I love how they extended the little sample from Torch Song in this trailer. Hope that's in the full video as well. It makes me like the song a lot more.
02:45 PM on 01/22/10
Jamekae
Nothing is all we own.
User Info.
Darling's such a mediocre song by AFI standards though, the intro has little in context with the rest of the song and it seems like it was written to make the song feel bigger, but instead it comes off as incredibly lethargic. Davey's vocals shouldn't be manipulated in that manner either, it's painful to hear as is with those trite lyrics.

I don't think Beautiful Thieves will do much for AFI. Interscope fucked up by not choosing End Transmission as the lead single in my opinion, it has the most mainstream rock appeal and would've recreated a bit of the magic that Miss Murder did for the band. Even my mother who despises rock and would much rather listen to Rihanna or Beyonce heard me playing End Transmission and asked me to put it on her iPod.

I don't think Beautiful Thieves is a good choice for a second single either, Too Shy to Scream would do a lot more for the band at this point as a lot of people found Medicate to be trite and generic. Now the slower tempo of Beautiful Thieves will set a misconception in people's minds that AFI has now become this boring slow paced band, which is not the way I think people would think on tracks like End Transmission or TSTS.

I think this looks like a very cinematic effort and a bit more intricate than Medicate is, I'm so eager to see the video.
02:47 PM on 01/22/10
Jamekae
Nothing is all we own.
User Info.
Interscope.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version