Plan B Pursuit - 01.20.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Plan B Pursuit
1. How did you get your band name?
All of us had been in one previous band, and this band was our “plan b.” Not funny or interesting at all.
2. How did this band get started?
Jake and I worked together and would always listen to NOFX records in the back. One day he brought his guitar in, and we started to learn each other’s songs. Before we knew it, we were playing shows in parking lots and apartments. Smokey heard some of our demos and asked to join. After that, we just started playing everywhere.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Oh shit. The same bands as everyone else, I guess. One Man Army, NOFX, Green Day, Propagandhi, The Beatles, Nirvana, Bracket, and a lot more.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
One Man Army, for sure. Just so I could have the chance to watch that band play night after night. They were truly amazing.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A platypus. I don’t think that even needs an explanation.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
They really shouldn’t. We’re nothing special. Listen to the new Cobra Skulls album instead.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
‘Jimmy & the Tweaker’ because it’s the only one of our songs that’s actually difficult to play. And I have no idea what five-star expert is. I’m guessing that’s hard.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Burn it down and run it according to Against Me’s “Reinventing Axl Rose.”
10. Memorable tour experience?
Getting arrested for stealing our own van and equipment.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Absolute Punk.net. That was an easy one!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Music For Tears
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I’ve never been to Japan, but I expect that I would like it very much.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Oldies and bad 80’s rock.
15. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
Blind, for sure. I could live without sight, but not without music.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Absolutely not. We still carry our own equipment and jerk off in the van. Why would we ever want to “make it?”
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
All three of us are really big country-western fans. (Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, etc…)
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Fuck, I don’t know. Thursday.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I go to school full time, and Jake and Smokey both have little ones on their hands. Other than that, it’s the band for us.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can clap with one hand, and masturbate with none.
21. Would Plan B Pursuit be good spokespeople for the Plan B pill?
Have you seen us? We’re walking adverts for birth control. And abortion. Too far?
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |