Password

12:48 PM on 07/14/06 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
Originally Posted by StandMyBrothers
Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry has been on the prowl for a veteran guard. Sources say the Cavaliers are close to signing veteran David Wesley. Wesley, who will be 36 on Nov. 14, could be signed with part of the Cavaliers' mid-level exception or possibly the bi-annual exception ($1.8 million).

The Cavs are still maintaining interest in free-agent point guard Marcus Banks. Banks' options have been limited, as three teams that were in contact with him -- the Los Angeles Lakers, the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Atlanta Hawks -- have gone in different directions by picking up point guards or using cap space. But it doesn't seem as if anything is imminent in Cleveland. ``We're not talking much about it right now; the Cavs have some other priorities to deal with,'' Banks' agent, Michael Higgins, said Thursday. ``Marcus is interested in the Cavs; he likes Mike (Brown).''

Pavlovic is going into the final year of his rookie contract, and the Cavs currently have no intention of extending his deal. He also faces stiff competition on the roster for playing time, which makes it pretty important how he shows up for training camp in October.

i wouldn't mind wesley or banks. banks would probably be asked to play a bigger role, but i'd be down with that. i like snow and all, but i'd rather him be coming off the bench. i want gibson to get a shot, but i don't trust that enough to not upgrade the point guard. any ounce of depth i'm down for.

and i hope they don't bring back pavlovic. i think he may do alright on another team, cause the dude actually has decent game. he just doesn't fit in here. any minutes he plays are taking away minutes from somebody who should be playing over him. if i were another team, i'd be interested in trading for him. especially in the last year of his deal. he can help a team out, just not the cavs.
01:55 PM on 07/14/06 
User Info.
Brownpants06
Canuck
Hamilton/Waterloo...
Male - 27 Years Old
so the raptors signed salmons... i don't really know much about this guy. not bad?
04:38 PM on 07/14/06 
User Info.
justinevans
No Avatar Selected
Jersey...
Male - 30 Years Old
Originally Posted by Brownpants06
so the raptors signed salmons... i don't really know much about this guy. not bad?

eh, eh thats all i can say
06:56 PM on 07/15/06 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
The Detroit Pistons came to terms with free agent Ronald "Flip" Murray on Friday on a two-year, $3.6 million deal, a league source told ESPN.com.

A team source said that Grant Hill might still return to Detroit. But it will be later rather than sooner. Hill, who is due close to $16 million in the final year of his contract with Orland, might be offered a buyout. If Hill is bought out, he could sign a veteran's exception with the Pistons.

The sign-and-trade can take the form of a multi-team deal, with Milwaukee ranking as the most likely third trade partner because of Atlanta's interest in Bucks center Jamaal Magloire. Yet it remains to be seen which of Harrington's two primary suitors, Indiana or Golden State, is best positioned to complete the transaction.

If the Cavs and Gooden don't come to an agreement, he could sign a one-year deal and become a free agent after next season or request a sign-and-trade. Rumblings of a sign-and-trade have begun - Phoenix, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia are interested in Gooden, according to several league sources

The Nuggets have expressed interest in Eddie House, Jumaine Jones, Ronald Murray, Jannero Pargo and Bonzi Wells.

The Rockets sent cash and future draft considerations — likely the right to switch second-round draft positions — to the Hornets to acquire Snyder. With the signing of Peja Stojakovic moving Desmond Mason to the Hornets' backcourt, the Hornets moved Snyder to create cap space for free-agent forward Rasual Butler.

The Celtics, who almost got Iverson on draft night, remain a major player for his services. But indications are that they'll need to involve a third or a fourth team to get the players the Sixers want in return. Denver, Atlanta and Golden State also have been mentioned in trade speculation.

The Celtics agreed to terms with Leon Powe, adding the 6-foot-8-inch, 240-pound forward from the University of California after he had strong showings in summer league games and practices. The No. 49 pick, acquired in a draft-night deal with Denver, received a deal almost identical to the partially guaranteed three-year contract given to Ryan Gomes, the No. 50 pick in the 2005 draft. Given the numbers for Gomes, Powe could earn approximately $2 million if he completes his contract.

Magic General Manager Otis Smith is confident that restricted free-agent forward Trevor Ariza "is not going anywhere. We're going to keep him." The club can match any offer Ariza receives. Smith indicated that -- barring something astronomical -- it would. Ariza is trying to drum up a high bidder.
07:02 PM on 07/15/06 
User Info.
FondestMemory
Youngstown, OH
Male
thank god. get flip out of cleveland. i had no doubt he'd be gone, but at least now i'm positive of it.

i'm content with gooden for another year, cause i don't know that any of the teams interested in him will give up anything that'd be worth doing it.
07:07 PM on 07/15/06 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
meh. murray will probably sit on the bench because apparently in detroit, there is no bench. ever. no matter who the coach is.
07:18 PM on 07/15/06 
User Info.
FondestMemory
Youngstown, OH
Male
Originally Posted by bigmike
meh. murray will probably sit on the bench because apparently in detroit, there is no bench. ever. no matter who the coach is.

that's where he's most effective.

anywhere but on the floor.
07:20 PM on 07/15/06 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by FondestMemory
that's where he's most effective.

anywhere but on the floor.
yeah. well we need a better bench because the starters are playing way too fucking much. especially in games that we are way ahead in the middle of the 4th, rip hamilton, chauncey, etc etc are all still out there for no reason.
04:06 PM on 07/16/06 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
Former Mavericks swingman Adrian Griffin has agreed to a three-year contract with the Chicago Bulls, his agent said Sunday afternoon. Tony Dutt said the Mavericks offered a two-year deal at a competitive salary. Dutt declined to reveal financial terms of the Bulls’ contract or Mavericks’ offer. “He had such a respect for Avery [Johnson] and the Mavericks’ organization,” said Dutt, who represented Johnson during the Mavericks coach's playing career. “With that being said, players at the end of the day have to go with their gut.”

Another possibility is to Boston for guard Delonte West and/or Theo Ratliff or Ryan Gomes. One source said the Cavaliers don't want Gooden to accept the qualifying offer of $5.4 million because they'll probably lose him for nothing next summer.

T
he Cavaliers must think David Wesley has some gas left in his tank. They are reportedly close to signing him to a deal, possibly close to what Flip Murray got with the Pistons (two years, $3.6 million). Wesley, who will be 36 in November, would probably be an effective player if he played around 20 minutes a game.

01:55 AM on 07/18/06 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
The Washington Wizards signed free agent forward Darius Songaila to a five-year, $23 million dollar deal, Songaila's agent, Mark Bartlestein, told ESPN.com.
09:37 AM on 07/18/06 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
jesus, darius songalia can make 4+ million a year? wats the world coming to
08:00 PM on 07/18/06 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
NBA sources say free agent Marcus Banks, who averaged 10 points and 3.8 assists with Boston and Minnesota last season and was the 13th overall pick in the 2003 draft, is now No. 1 on the Suns’ radar. Phoenix general manager and coach Mike D’Antoni is back in Las Vegas, preparing for the opening Team USA workouts. That’s where Banks went to school (UNLV) and lives in the offseason, and a meeting between the two wouldn’t be difficult to arrange.

Isiah Thomas says he is not actively pursing deals for free agents, but behind the scenes the Knicks' president and coach continues to search for ways to bolster his roster. One player who continues to draw interest from the Knicks is Washington forward Jared Jeffries, a restricted free agent. According to sources, the Knicks have had conversations with Jeffries' agent, Andy Miller, in recent days as negotiations between Jeffries and the Wizards have stalled. Jeffries is considering accepting Washington's one-year qualifying offer for approximately $3 million, which would make him an unrestricted free agent next summer

08:06 PM on 07/18/06 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
good. i hope minny trades banks
08:08 PM on 07/18/06 
User Info.
FondestMemory
Youngstown, OH
Male
Originally Posted by xbrokendownx
good. i hope minny trades banks

he's a free agent. he's done there.

and i think it's funny the knicks are persuing jeffries. do they seriously just seek out the least talented players available?
08:12 PM on 07/18/06 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by FondestMemory
he's a free agent. he's done there.

and i think it's funny the knicks are persuing jeffries. do they seriously just seek out the least talented players available?

oh ok, i didnt pick up on that haha well good then. more PT for foye

and on the knicks/jeffries- whatever. im a TWolves/grizzlies/bobcats fan until isiah or dolan is gone

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos