AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Involuntarys, The - 01.24.10

The Involuntarys - 01.24.10

Interviewed by
The Involuntarys - 01.24.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Involuntarys
www.TheInvoluntarys.com

1. How did you get your band name?
We got our name from that Iraq war that everyone's so fond of. Damon our Bassist/Singer was Involuntarily recalled to operation Iraqi freedom. There's the origin of our name, clever huh?

2. How did this band get started?
The band was pretty much founded in Iraq, most of our debut album "Punk's Dead We're Next" was written there. When Damon got back to the States he met Mike, Pretzel, and Noah, we all bonded over a love of music and booze.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Influences kind of depend who you ask, so I'll try and list them by band member:

Damon-NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Slapshot, The Jackson 5, Street Dogs, Alkaline Trio, Tom Jones, Darkbuster, and a bunch o' Old School Hardcore.

Mike-Pixies, Against Me, Hot Water Music, Mostly Indie/Experimental

Noah-NOFX, Bolth, Lady Gaga, Reel Big Fish, Being Wrong, NOFX, George Thorogood, NOFX, I think I mentioned NOFX right?

Pretzel-Billy Joel, Leftover Crack, Suicide Machines, PBR, Bad Religion, Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards, and Shakira

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

Tom Jones and NOFX. Lots of Cougars and Coke, nuff said.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Our dog, Betty. She's got a sweet life of belly rubs and ear scratching.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
You should listen to us because we love playing music, and we think it shows through.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
$64, 5 stars would be easy, if we can do it drunk you can do it sober.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Even Williams, PBR, New Albanian Brewing company, Coffee, and I guess our family and friends.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Scumbag promoters

10. Memorable tour experience?
Wow, there's a lot of good ones. One night we were in Memphis, went to the coolest gay bar ever (The Pumping Station) played, got drunk in the van, Pretzel lost his phone, we made saltine peanut butter cheese and frosted flake sandwiches, drunk dialed all our friends and slept in a Piggly Wiggly Parking lot.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
We love AP.net. It's a great way for people to communicate, be exposed to new music and be a part of a like-minded community.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"This one's for us"

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere people want to come out and hear us play.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Billy Joel/Elton John

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Whatever Trojan Man's powers are.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

To a degree - we play for amazing people who love what we play. We'd like to get to a place where music pays for us to tour and pays our rent.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
3/4 of our band members have septum piercings and Noah has a tattoo of Boy George covering his back

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Say what you want about it being a consumer holiday, but we had the best dollar store Christmas ever this year.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

We drink and kill zombies. The Involuntarys take a firm stance against the undead.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
One time Damon got 3/4 of his finger up his ass. Oh and Noah can pass out really quickly at a party. Mike is certified massage therapist and he can communicate with sea creatures. Pretzel's Really good at putting his balls on Noah when he passes out.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
09:52 PM on 01/26/10
facethehorizon
User Info.
haha nce. i'm going to have to check this band out now, only because they said they were influenced by Leftover Crack.
12:39 PM on 01/27/10
TheInvoluntarys
User Info.
Thank ya sir! hope you enjoy

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News