|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
PORT TO PORT
1. How did you get your band name?
Me (Ryan) & Henry moved to Portland, Oregon, a few years back, and our home town is called Port Huron, Michigan, so we changed our name to Port to Port when we got out there.
2. How did this band get started?
Ryan & Henry had been in a band together since 9th grade (everyone but Dylan) but their drummer and bassist quit, and they decided to move to Portland, Oregon...changed their name, wrote some tunes, came back home, met up with longtime friend Nick who knew a great guy named Zack, and now we're all one big happy dysfunctional family....
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Aww snap.. lots. At the Drive In, The Lemmonheads, Pavement, just to name a few.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I'm gonna go with Bear Vs Shark because they end up half dead after each show... and I wish we could rock that hard.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be a dog, Because they just get to chill out all day.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because, from what Ive been told, we're not all that bad, and isn't that what music is for?? listening??
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I've only played that game once or twice, id rather not be in it.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The people that stick/stuck with us from the beginning , close friends, family...
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Make it easier to tour full time.
10. Memorable tour experience?
hmm.. Fort Wayne Winter tour 07, got invited to this dope ass Christmas sweater party, they treated us like rockstars. LOL, it was a great time, chicks dug us ha...in fact, I have it on video somewhere.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
THE REAL DEAL MAAANNN
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Marriage I guess.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I always enjoy a nice visit to Chicago.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Presidents of the United States of America.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would like to fly.. because I always have these dreams that I can jump and fly up into the air...and it feels so dope..I wish it was reality.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
It Feels like we're freshmen in college.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I have two different coloured eyes.. look closely
18. What's your favorite holiday?
I'm gonna go with Christmas.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch movies, write songs, drink gin and tonics at the bar, surf the interweb, masturbate.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Nothing really.. can't think of anything..BYE
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |