Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 373
12:28 PM on 02/01/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
When the album stream was posted, I gave it a try, but between the cheesy intro and the awful growls, I turned it off half way through the first song. With so much great music out there, I won't waste my time on stuff like this. Good review though.
12:39 PM on 02/01/10
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
Not surprised in the least bit, and I never saw the hype behind this band.
12:49 PM on 02/01/10
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
Haha, worst album review I've seen for ages.

Edit: by that I meant the score not the writing ability! Excellent review.
No, you're right. The review is poorly written. Bad album, bad review.
I know Drew is a good writer, this just came off as trying too hard to get a laugh and not giving much useful info.

But oddly enough the only time I laughed was the comment about the last album showing promise when it's even worse than this one (and that's saying something).

On Frail Wings was decent and will likely remain the band's only album that doesn't suck ass.
12:52 PM on 02/01/10
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
This album is stellar. The last song alone absolutely blows away everything this band has done previous and ends the album with reassurance of complete awesomeness. I don't think I can stop smiling every time I listen to this record. There's more singing, guitar solos, the instrumentation is excellent. And there are definitely a few "aww" moments in the lyrics.

Whereas Where Myth Fades to Legend was pure energy, this one has a more balanced temperance to it. Alesana is one of those rare bands that is continually outstanding over the years, both in their live show and on record. And I really admire how they work together as a band on their records and keep control of it, even though they bring a producer in, it's Alesana's statement above all. And they made a really really good one this time around.

Wow yowzers! Pretty harsh & scathing review. I agree it was Alesana's best work to date. I definitely enjoy listening to it & I don't regret supporting it with my 8 bucks.
12:56 PM on 02/01/10
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
User Info.
The low growls completely killed it for me. They just seemed really out of place.
The only track I kind of liked was To Be Scared By An Owl.
Other than that, nothing really stood out to me.
01:04 PM on 02/01/10
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band annoys me...always has.
01:05 PM on 02/01/10
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
this is a good deal better than any of their other efforts in basically every aspect, can't understand why it's scored 21% lower than the last one. I think it's a pretty solid 3.5 star album. What's wrong Drew, lose too much E-cred on the last review?
01:11 PM on 02/01/10
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
When I first saw the album cover I thought it was a vagina.
01:14 PM on 02/01/10
DryEarth
Woo!
User Info.
"Alesana’s The Emptiness is the worst thing to come out of Carolina since Jake Delhomme."

Best line in the entire review.
01:36 PM on 02/01/10
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.
I probably shouldn't be pointing fingers since #12 and Sawtooth Grin are two of my favorite bands, but these vocals are terrible.
01:37 PM on 02/01/10
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
"..the worst thing to come out of Carolina since Jake Delhomme." Brilliant line! I'm assuming BTBAM was the only good thing to come out of Carolina? lol
01:38 PM on 02/01/10
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
This album is stellar. The last song alone absolutely blows away everything this band has done previous and ends the album with reassurance of complete awesomeness. I don't think I can stop smiling every time I listen to this record. There's more singing, guitar solos, the instrumentation is excellent. And there are definitely a few "aww" moments in the lyrics.

Whereas Where Myth Fades to Legend was pure energy, this one has a more balanced temperance to it. Alesana is one of those rare bands that is continually outstanding over the years, both in their live show and on record. And I really admire how they work together as a band on their records and keep control of it, even though they bring a producer in, it's Alesana's statement above all. And they made a really really good one this time around.

agreed. I don't see why why these guys get so many haters, I think they are one of the 'better' bands around and they deserve more respect for the great albums they have continually realeased (The Emptiness being their best.)
01:39 PM on 02/01/10
lakemichigan
User Info.
01:46 PM on 02/01/10
TROKyle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
agreed. I don't see why why these guys get so many haters, I think they are one of the 'better' bands around and they deserve more respect for the great albums they have continually realeased (The Emptiness being their best.)

I agree. Thought this was the best work Alesana has put out, and that it is a very enjoyable CD that will probably get much playtime, at least from me.

I don't understand why people review albums that they know they are going to hate and give it a low score. Its like someone knowing that they are allergic to some sort of food and going ahead and eating it anyway knowing the outcome will be bad.

I love the concept of the album too, and I'm excited to see Alesana play and deliver this live, seeing that they always put on a spectacular show.
01:48 PM on 02/01/10
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
completely disagree. Alesana have matured since 'Where Myth Fades...' and this time around have realeased an amazing album that highlights Alesana's uniqueness and ability to continually keep their fans on their toes and realease better albums than their last. Sometimes I just don't understand what the world has against this band, and even Dennis's screams. come on.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos