AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Wakey! Wakey! - Almost Everything I Wish I'd... Album Cover

Wakey! Wakey! - Almost Everything I Wish I'd...

Reviewed by
Wakey! Wakey! - Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said the Last Time I Saw You
Record Label: Family Records
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Release Date: Feb. 2, 2010

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
06:01 AM on 02/05/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Never heard of these guys before but I'll give them a listen.

Short review, but to the point.
06:08 AM on 02/05/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Never heard of these guys before but I'll give them a listen.

Short review, but to the point.
It was much much longer, but I decided to opt for brevity. I'll let the music speak for itself.
06:10 AM on 02/05/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Piano-pop is dying? That sucks.

Great review, my friend. I will give the album a whirl.
06:23 AM on 02/05/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Piano-pop is dying? That sucks.

Great review, my friend. I will give the album a whirl.
I don't think it's necessarily dying, it's just become derivative. I like The Fray and Snow Patrol and all, but I have to admit they do get far too analogous after awhile. At least Keane went somewhere different on their new record. That's what makes this disc so special. It takes a few chances and goes a few places most people wouldn't.
06:26 AM on 02/05/10
Travis Parno
my sensible heart
User Info.
excellent review, my friend. certainly less hyper-fanboy than i would've been. easily an early AOTY candidate in my book.

on that note, buy this record. now. seriously. do ittttttttttt
06:31 AM on 02/05/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
I don't think it's necessarily dying, it's just become derivative. I like The Fray and Snow Patrol and all, but I have to admit they do get far too analogous after awhile. At least Keane went somewhere different on their new record. That's what makes this disc so special. It takes a few chances and goes a few places most people wouldn't.
I have only recently gotten into this particular genre which is why I was surprised and saddened by the statement. I'm not a fan of The Fray. Can't help but find that the vocals are incredibly annoying. Snow Patrol's decent, and I love Coldplay (and I'm not gay haha). I like Keane also, but haven't had the chance to listen to their new record. Are you talking about Perfect Symmetry?
06:31 AM on 02/05/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
excellent review, my friend. certainly less hyper-fanboy than i would've been. easily an early AOTY candidate in my book.

on that note, buy this record. now. seriously. do ittttttttttt
Yes, sir. Right on it!
06:48 AM on 02/05/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Downloaded this guys cover album a couple of years ago. His take on the Foo Fighters Everlong was fantastic. Will check this out.
06:53 AM on 02/05/10
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
another great review that's convinced me to buy this album. i'm excited to hear it.
08:18 AM on 02/05/10
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I really like how short and to the point this review is. It sounds a lot more positive than the score given though.
08:33 AM on 02/05/10
HometownHero
User Info.
The name of this band prevented me from checking them out when I saw this disc come in our new releases box to put out at work. But seeing this review and the RIYL I will be now
09:42 AM on 02/05/10
And Hours Pass
Signed, Sealed, Delivered
User Info.
Every time I see the reviews posted on AP I check for your name, and sure enough, you've delivered another great one. I will absolutely be checking this album out.

And to echo kidchino - I'm really not a fan of the name and that might have prevented me from what sounds like an otherwise phenominal record.
09:46 AM on 02/05/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Every time I see the reviews posted on AP I check for your name, and sure enough, you've delivered another great one. I will absolutely be checking this album out.

And to echo kidchino - I'm really not a fan of the name and that might have prevented me from what sounds like an otherwise phenominal record.
Don't let the name mislead you. Just as an FYI, I did an interview with him, it's in the interview section. It might give you some more insight into his approach as a songwriter. Funnily enough the interview got cut off due to time constraints, but my one question was going to be about the name. I guess in due time I'll find out. Also, thanks so much for the kind words. Truly appreciate it. It's very humbling to hear such high praise. I am truly floored.
09:52 AM on 02/05/10
mercedesbens
User Info.
Went and listened to the songs they have on their Myspace, and they are incredible! I need to get this album as soon as is humanly possible

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos