11:06 AM on 02/05/10
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
I NEED to hear this.
02:05 PM on 02/05/10
Lloyd Christmas
User Info.
wow. i just listened to this and i have to say it's one of the best albums i've heard in awhile.
02:34 PM on 02/05/10
Momo32T
User Info.
It was much much longer, but I decided to opt for brevity. I'll let the music speak for itself.
Ironic that you RILY Matt Nathanson and this guy has a song called Car Crash. That might be one of my favorite Matt Nathanson songs.
02:53 PM on 02/05/10
adurna_isidar
User Info.
definitely digging this.
05:23 PM on 02/05/10
crimsonsleeves
User Info.
it's in most targets now for 9.99 in the breaking artists section.
06:44 PM on 02/05/10
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
I don't think it's necessarily dying, it's just become derivative. I like The Fray and Snow Patrol and all, but I have to admit they do get far too analogous after awhile. At least Keane went somewhere different on their new record. That's what makes this disc so special. It takes a few chances and goes a few places most people wouldn't.
Just because Snow Patrol has a keyboardist doesn't make them piano pop... Just my opinion.
12:05 AM on 02/06/10
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
The artist's name makes me think of the song "Faust Arp" by Radiohead. The opening lyrics are "Wakey, wakey. Rise and shine. It's on again, off again, on again..."
06:07 AM on 02/06/10
Sarcasm
lostinthesound.com
User Info.
Saw this on HypeM, really dig his music.
11:29 AM on 02/06/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Enjoying this a lot. Thanks for the rec.
02:39 PM on 02/06/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Though I'd rate the vocals higher...
04:34 PM on 02/06/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Though I'd rate the vocals higher...
Yeah, I probably should have made them higher. They're pretty much pitch-perfect.
10:37 AM on 02/07/10
DSaysHey
Slackerpop
User Info.
i bought this when i read the review, and then also the War Sweater EP. so good, gorgeous musicianship, a wonderful addition to the collection especially as i've been listening to less guitar-led stuff recently
06:13 AM on 02/08/10
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
I don't think it's necessarily dying, it's just become derivative. I like The Fray and Snow Patrol and all, but I have to admit they do get far too analogous after awhile. At least Keane went somewhere different on their new record. That's what makes this disc so special. It takes a few chances and goes a few places most people wouldn't.
Good review. Checked out his songs on Myspace and immediately got the cd on iTunes.

Some other good piano-rock bands worth checking out are: The midway state, Until June, Dikta, The Reign Of Kindo, and Lost Ocean
06:31 AM on 02/08/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Good review. Checked out his songs on Myspace and immediately got the cd on iTunes.

Some other good piano-rock bands worth checking out are: The midway state, Until June, Dikta, The Reign Of Kindo, and Lost Ocean
Thanks for that. Never heard of Dikta or Lost Ocean, so thanks.
06:36 AM on 02/08/10
TheHeretic
User Info.
This is pretty good. Oh, and please, people, check out Parachute Musical. Rarely hear anything about them, even though 'Everything is Working Out Fine in Some Town' is probably one of the catchiest albums I've ever heard and has some of the best pop vocals in quite a while.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos