AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Baby Baby - 02.02.10

Baby Baby - 02.02.10

Interviewed by
Baby Baby - 02.02.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

BABY BABY
MYSPACE
facebook
album download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bmvzwdgzm0n

1. How did you get your band name?
It rolls off the tongue, try it out! BABY BABYYY

2. How did this band get started?
One day after swimming outside of our apartment, my roommate and I realized that we both played instruments. Later on we added in our bassist and BABY BABY was formed.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Explosions in the Sky, Phoenix, Michael Jackson, Manchester Orchestra, Oí Brother, Winston Audio, Junior Astronomers, All Get Out

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why
Manchester Orchestra, Oí Brother, Winston Audio, Junior Astronomers, All Get Out

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Swagmonsta cuz he/she stays swagged out

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Cause it makes us happy, we call it fun rock because itís an insane amount of fun for us. It can be fun for girls and boys of all ages!

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?Take Me to the River. On the super duper easy level.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We already have our speech planned. Check it out!

Well everyone, I think the title might be self explanatory enough but theres actually more to it than you think. Fun fact of the day. This record, band, the response that we've gotten, has truly been.. some of the best moments of our lives. Some of you are aware of this and some of you aren't but the truth remains. What I really want this description to say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU but that would just be ridiculous.
Steps to get our album! (produced and recorded by Eric Friar)
Step option A) use this link -> http://www.mediafire.com/?bmvzwdgzm0n
this option requires you to extract the songs so that can be kinda tricky.
Step option B) download the tracks individually (including the intermission tracks) located here -> http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1...492bd5ed c68e
I'm also going to use this time to thank certain people individually as you are all a really big part of this album.

My mom for helping us fund this record.
Kim and Kims parents for being a big part in getting this far.
Brian Crotty for not only being one of the coolest dudes we've ever met but for owning the coolest bar in... the world.
Maria and Leah for making the babes of baby baby (did i get that right?)
Jordan, Richard, Mackenzie for lending us their awesome house for two of the coolest house shows... in the world.
TERENCE the man Rush for... basically being the nicest, most genuine dude we've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
The wonderfull dudes in Winter Sounds, O' Brother, Winston Audio, Junior Astronomers and Company of Thieves.
Tristian, Twist, and everyone who have always come to our shows with a camera!
Colin and Kristin for being the coolest baby baby couple out there.
Draven for her unbelievably nice compliments
Laura Mae for making the most swagtastic flyers in... carrollton ; )
Elle And Codi for being our first Atlanta fans (and just overall really really awesome girls)
Eric Friar for taking a chance on us and letting us record this record for basically dirt cheap
Alex Smith for being really really really REALLY cool about sharing band members
And lastly, Carrollton. That last show we had on Friday was seriously surreal.

Just remember, theres a little green swagmonsta living in all of you. It wasn't until I met Kyle and Fontez that I realized this for myself. If you like this record, please share it. I can make anyone an admin so you can invite your friends to this. : ) We're giving it away for free, because although money is awesome, you can't put a price on love. Sorry this is so long!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I wish it was easier for hard working bands who have a really great time playing making it rather than those bands who just do it for money or girls.

10. Memorable tour experience?
TBA. Make it happen!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A fantastic outlet to learn about new bands. Iíve found some of my favorites on this site over the years.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Such a hard question because they all such fun but our song We Do This All Night Long always closes with something new from the audience every time.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Our producer Eric Friarís basement.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Saves the Day started it off for us. All those driv-thru bands. Actually I just got New Found Gloryís reissue of their debut self titled on drive thru.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To have this interview reach the eyes of millions because who wouldn't want that? I know you guys would.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not even close, but weíre clawing there.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our singer use to get really really neverous before our first shows but once we start the set he turns from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hide in a second.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Summer

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Listen to music, induldge in the finer arts, try to swim, and hopefully tour.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Kyle can build a guitar from scratch.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums