AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Fair - Disappearing World Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 8.5
Production 10
Creativity 8.75
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 9.75
Final Verdict: 90%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 8.55
Lyrics 8.41
Production 8.92
Creativity 8.22
Lasting Value 8.58
Reviewer Tilt 8.66
Average: 86%
Inside AP.net
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.

Fair - Disappearing World

Reviewed by: Drew Beringer (02/09/10)
FairDisappearing World
Release Date: February 9. 2010
Record Label: Tooth & Nail

The best albums, the ones that stay with you, are the ones that can fit any mood. It’s the album that you can play during the best of times and the worst of times. It can fit any mood and is perfect for all weather conditions. When you feel like each track could be your favorite track and you claim a new favorite with every listen, that’s when you know you’ve found that album.

From the opening note to the last, Fair’s second album, Disappearing World, is that album.

You see 2010 is only 40 days old, which is good news for the rest of the scene. It means that your (soon to be former) favorite band has 325 days left to top Disappearing World. Musically, the album is a cornucopia of enthralling tones and compositions. It’s a blend of the very best of Ben Folds, Death Cab For Cutie, and The Fray – all while being lead by Aaron Sprinkle’s pristine production and carried by his majestic voice. The only thing better than Aaron Sprinkle the Producer is Aaron Sprinkle the Musician.

A fantastic medley of keys opens the title track, while Sprinkle and Erick Newbill’s guitar work provide the backbone. Nick Barber’s lively bass lines pace the frantic “Wayside,” while “Walking In My Sleep” swoons as Sprinkle warns, “every time I breathe/I toe a fine line.” Throughout the first three tracks, listeners will experience the diversity and variety displayed on Disappearing World.

Fair also shows that can produce infectious pop songs, such as “One Last Time.” The upbeat tempo is continued on “It’s Doubtful,” which features a chorus that won’t be leaving your membrane for a while. Another impressive quality is how Fair can write an incredibly catchy track like “One Last Time,” and transition into a slow, somber track like the string-heavy “Take Some Risks” without a hitch.

“The Worst Of Your Wear” flows in the vein of Copeland, which shouldn’t come as a surprise since Aaron Marsh lends his voice, creating an auditory treat that cannot be topped. “Anymore” is a fantastic closer - it summarizes the dynamic of Disappearing World in perfect fashion as Sprinkle sincerely sings, “I don’t believe you anymore.”

What you can believe, though, is that Fair’s Disappearing World has set the bar very high for the rest of 2010. Those who enjoyed their 2006 debut, The Best Worst-Case Scenario, should be prepared to be blown away, while those who haven’t heard Fair before will soon be adding them to the very top of the “favorite music” section on their Facebook profile. Towards the conclusion of “Anymore,” Sprinkle earnestly states, “I’ve got something to say/it’s serious.” It’s probably for the best if you pay attention, it’d be a shame if you miss out on one of the best records of 2010.

Additional InformationTrack Listing:
1. Disappearing World
2. Wayside
3. Walking in My Sleep
4. One Last Time
5. Take Some Risks
6. The Escape Artist
7. It’s Doubtful
8. The Worst of Your Wear (feat. Aaron Marsh of Copeland)
9. Great Divide
10. Anymore
Produced by: Aaron Sprinkle

Fair is:
Aaron Sprinkle – vocals/guitar
Erick Newbill – guitar/vocals
Joey Sanchez – drums
Nick Barber – bass/vocals

Official Website; Official Myspace; Official AP.net Profile

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 90
12:52 AM on 02/09/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
can't wait to hear this, Aaron's voice is some kind of beautiful
12:56 AM on 02/09/10
allisterkid
here since blink fansite
User Info.
Great review, my friend. I am going to give this a great listen in the morning. If it's even near the level of their last album then I'm sure it will be incredible. But according to the reviews and other notes I've read about it so far, I should expect even more. Stoked to hear this.
03:59 AM on 02/09/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
w00t. Love this disc. Hope they do big things this year. One can hope, right?
04:40 AM on 02/09/10
cereal4life
User Info.
Well, my interest is certainly piqued! I'll definitely have to check this out.
06:07 AM on 02/09/10
brockstringer
brockstarr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i totally agree with this review .. this cd is soo good. he produced it amazingly. still don't know if it tops the best worste case scen., maybe after a few listens. super amazing though. ... especially the song with aaron marsh, so sweet.
07:20 AM on 02/09/10
cwhit412
User Info.
I've been listening. It's very interesting. Much different than what I usually listen to. I like it.
07:22 AM on 02/09/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Can't wait to listen. Loved the last record; this sounds like it could very well top it.
07:23 AM on 02/09/10
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
The clips I heard on amazon sounded excellent.
07:35 AM on 02/09/10
dawn afterglow
User Info.
I am quite impressed with what I'm hearing from their myspace. Definitely looking into picking up this album.
07:59 AM on 02/09/10
ddb43
User Info.
08:01 AM on 02/09/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Amazing album. My favorite work of Aaron's thus far.
08:10 AM on 02/09/10
topher465
every shining time you arrive
User Info.
I was stoked for this album. Now after this review, I'm super stoked.
08:15 AM on 02/09/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Fantastic review. I never even heard of this band, but I will check them out for sure. And Aaron Marsh is in it too!? Count me in.
08:28 AM on 02/09/10
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
User Info.
Aww man! This is so great! The review was amazing and I can't wait to listen to this. It's definitely sounding like it's gonna stay in my top list for the rest of the year.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums