Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
08:55 AM on 02/10/10
jwelborn
i'm detracting here.
User Info.
I wear my Teen Idols t-shirts around the house almost everyday.
09:19 AM on 02/10/10
Marshall
Marshall Lee
User Info.
I live in Nashville and I remember seeing these guys several times. In fact, come to think of it it was my first show I ever went to in 99' I think. I remember seeing them this one time and the singers brother got a bottle broken over his face while he was in the crowd and the singer came off stage and got the kid that attacked his brother or friend in a headlock and nearly beat the living shit out of him.

That was my introduction to punk rock shows.
09:19 AM on 02/10/10
overtime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I loved this band back in the day. They used to be on Honest Dons/Fat Wreck and were great live. The energy was top notch. After they broke up, I think Phillip and Matt played in the Queers too. They are back together now with a different lineup, but it doesn't even come close live to the lineup that played on the albums.
09:56 AM on 02/10/10
midtown4657
Dorsey / Andy
User Info.
They were the opening band for my first, and still craziest concert I've ever been to. It was them, Anti-Flag, NFG and Less Than Jake at the old Web Theatre in Phoenix in I think March 2001.

During the Teen Idols set my friend got hit in the head with a glass beer bottle and missed the rest of the show getting his head stitched. Anti-Flag fans were throwing firecrackers at NFG during their set (to the point where I believe Chad politely offered the culprits the chance to meet him out back and throw fireworks at him as much as they want after the show, just don't hit any kids down front), and LTJ was delayed about half an hour by a balcony people vs. downstairs people beer bottle and chair fight.

Plus, all the bands sounded good.
10:02 AM on 02/10/10
fobmcrafi6
down with the fad
User Info.
Chris Fallon = the reason why i still have faith in punk on ABSOLUTEPUNK.
10:27 AM on 02/10/10
heartsdivided
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I helped loading gear for this band every time they came to Seattle.
10:35 AM on 02/10/10
Ruggiero2oo8
don't worry, be happy
User Info.
oh wow I haven't listened to them in a long time
10:48 AM on 02/10/10
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Saw these guys open for Less Than Jake a couple of times. I really enjoyed them, but never got around to picking up any of their albums. I do have a handful of songs on my iPod from comps and whatnot. Looks like emusic has 3 of their albums up on their site (S/T, Pucker Up, and Full Leather Jacket)...which one should I check out first?
11:05 AM on 02/10/10
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Saw them with Midtown, New Found Glory, and Less Than Jake. Good times.
11:50 AM on 02/10/10
Mike Oxmall
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I' have been listening to these dudes forever, I remember seeing them back in day at tune in studios in New Haven... Probably one of the best shows, I have been too, and the band let me in for free, because I helped them carry their gear in, and was one of the few people there early to see them.

Pucker up was a great album, and I still listen to their music just about every week! It's awesome seeing this band get some coverage here. And this is like the first time I've posted about anything in here, because in my opinion not much in here is worth commenting on.

I hope the Idols next album is great.
12:26 PM on 02/10/10
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
oh...hellz yeah!

great choice Chris!
12:30 PM on 02/10/10
NationalProduct
User Info.
i am really liking this nostalgia weekly thing. it makes me sad tho, these were the bands I LOVED growing up and now they arent here any more and the ones who have replaced them are... um..... yeah
01:18 PM on 02/10/10
risew/thefallen
i was a teenage anarchist.
User Info.
i saw this band with Less Than Jake, Anti Flag, and New Found Glory.
LOVED this band, probably one of the most underrated farwreck bands at that time.
ditto.
01:27 PM on 02/10/10
captainpicard
Fight Fair / Alex
User Info.
def one of my favorite powerpop bands....fuck yes
01:30 PM on 02/10/10
Lozee Rose
User Info.
Their version of When You Say Nothing At All is one of my favourite cover songs of all time. Definitely worth checking out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests