AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Elise 5000 - 02.10.10

Elise 5000 - 02.10.10

Interviewed by
Elise 5000 - 02.10.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Elise 5000
Elise5000.com
http://elise5000.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/elise5000

1. How did you get your band name?
I randomly made it up. I needed a myspace URL and Elise was taken so I added 5000 just randomly and it stuck!

2. How did this band get started?
I was born to do music so in 2007 I decided to really go hard at it. I was just getting over a terrible break up in which my ex told me not to be an artist. He told me to just write songs for his sister and his brother will produce all the music. As a producer I found his statement really offensive. At the time that he made the statement, I agreed with him but deep down I resented him. Needless to say we finally broke up and I was free to create. I had so much time to myself finally and that is how Elise 5000 began!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
I have been influenced throughout my life by many recording artists and bands. I love Michael Jackson, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, No Doubt, Coheed and Cambria, Jodeci, Al B Sure, SWV, Timbaland, Missy, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Erykah Badu just to name a few!

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
It would be Souldja Boy because of his young and abundant fan base and Erykah Badu because she is DOPE!

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
If I were furry I would be a lioness just because she is fierce! I want to be the Queen of the jungle! The music industry is like a jungle!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen because some of my music is from a higher power not from me. Some of it is probably from me! I don't know. I want people to enjoy my music. Hopefully it will make the world a better place somehow!

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would want to play computer love by Zapp. It would be like a 2 lol !

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, Jesus, the fans, my family and best friends.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would give myself a 100 Million $ deal! Haha!

10. Memorable tour experience?
Never been on a tour!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Its a great site that gives artists a chance to shine!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
It changes from time to time. For Rock I play Paramore "That's What You Get" for RNB I play Jodeci "Come Talk To Me", for old school rnb I'm always playing Zapp "Computer Love", for gospel I'm playing Donald Lawrence "Encourage Yourself" or Canton Jones "Hater Day", For pop I'm listening to Lady Gaga "Bad Romance", for urban i'm loving Jagged Edge "Tip of my Tounge".

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Amsterdam baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Jodeci "Forever My Lady" album, and Michael Jackson "Bad" album!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
It would be the ability to heal others. Emotionally, physically, psychologically.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No not yet but what I have made are a bunch of songs! Haha!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Well, I bathe every other day! It keeps my skin soft!

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving! Love to eat!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I don't know seems like I don't have much spare time! I enjoy reading and working out!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can contort my eyebrow muscles in weird ways and before my braces I had a gap and I would sip out of the water fountain at school and squirt the water through my two front teeth!!!!! Everyone would laugh!

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
10:44 PM on 02/10/10
HometownHero
User Info.
02:40 AM on 02/11/10
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
"5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
If I were furry I would be a lioness just because she is fierce! I want to be the Queen of the jungle! The music industry is like a jungle!"

This is awesome.
06:58 AM on 02/11/10
Vaporchoke
User Info.
!!!!!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT