Raining and OK - 02.11.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Raining and OK
1. How did you get your band name?
My roommate was taking white out to a book titled "Training Handbook." He whited out a couple letters and it spelled out Raining and OK, and I thought it would make a good band name haha.
2. How did this band get started?
Well, before I moved to Seattle for my first semester of college, I was very much a shy closet (in the car) singer. Once I moved, I started writing my own songs and singing them. Then I moved back after deciding I didn't like the school I was going to and started the band back in Phoenix. We had our first show a month later opening for This Providence and Brighten and put our first release a few months later.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We all listen to a ton of music. It ranges from The Beatles, Queen, U2 to Coldplay, White Stripes, Switchfoot, Muse, The Killers, Mew to Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan and even some Taylor Swift somewhere in there haha.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Definitely Queen and The Beatles. As for present Switchfoot and definitely U2--who doesn't want to play on a giant 360 degree stage? haha
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Is an Eagle furry enough? I think they are so majestic and bold. I would be respected among the animal kingdom!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We strive to write songs that have depth and meaning. Songs that might change or enhance your perception of life and be the soundtrack that might help you get through some tough times--or even celebrate the great times. We want to be a band that transcends any kind of trend or genre, we want to make timeless music that can be passed down from generation to generation. And we're semi-good looking and funny if that helps!
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
We have a song called "Endless Love" that is a pretty riffy song. I could hear that on there. I think it would be fairly easy on expert though. Looks like we need to shred more.... If they come out with Piano Hero someday I'd vote for "Empty Handed" or "The Night"
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would like to be the first band that walks on stage and immediately start bidding the Grammy away to fans instead haha
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would like to see labels and other entities take more chances and build on artists rather than signing the ones that make a quick buck and fade away. I think a lot of great and talented bands suffer because they aren't raking in cash right away. Some great bands need a push and backing that get them to be a profitable artist, but its more risky.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Our most memorable moment so far was when we played up in Spokane at a college with our friends in Barcelona. We had never played there before and by the end of the set we had people singing a long to the end of "Always Will Be" and 600 people continued to sing it back to us even after the song ended. We thought it was pretty awesome!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great place to keep updated on your favorite artists as well as finding new artists. We've always appreciated the support AP.net has given us!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Right now, I really love playing a new song called "Living Like A Ghost" off our upcoming release.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I've never been, but I think I would love going to Australia or the U.K.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
E.L.O, Queen, Elton John, Nirvana, U2, and Collective Soul. My mom used to jam this stuff in her mini-van all the time and I loved it!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to time travel. I'm obsessed with Back to the Future and Deloreans!
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Nope! Not all. We still have a ton of work to do. And I think even if/when we become successful I don't think we will ever feel that way. If we did I think that means we're too comfortable and not hungry enough to be better.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm the worse piano player in the band but I play it the most out of all of them! haha. This will be changing however and I'm stoked about it! I also have a strong love for chocolate...
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas, hands down!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love going to coffee shops and hanging out with friends, reading books, running, and songwriting.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Still searching for this one.. I'm still young!
12:01 AM on 02/12/10
aw, I liked how they got their band name
Buy The Music