Forever Thieves - 02.14.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
My good friend Nathan (rhythm guitarist in the live line up) suggested it to me. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it. Chasing Victory has this great lyric in one of their songs that goes, "Love will always be the greatest of thieves." I feel like this is a very true statement, whether it be money, time, or your affection that it is stealing. I thought about that line and about the idea of being Forever Thieves. It made sense to me that if love is the greatest of thieves, then the idea of Forever Thieves implied an eternal love...and that's an idea I like.
2. How did this band get started?
I've been playing guitar for years now and never really learned all that many songs. I've just always written my own. I wanted a creative outlet where I could continue writing, and write all the parts to the song (a new challenge). I also wanted to be in a band where I could sing, but not be hindered by the more complex rhythms I wanted to write in my guitar parts...but I still wanted to have a bigger hand in writing the music than just the vocal melody, so I decided that I'd do it all. I'd write everything, and record everything myself. I have a live band composed of some good friends, but in the studio, I wanted to be free to have my musical ideas flow unhindered.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
...Say Anything, Relient K, Valencia, Boxcar Racer, Taking Back Sunday, with a little bit of prog rock thrown in for flavor.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
...Say Anything or Relient K. ...Say Anything because I have an immense respect for Max Bemis' very heavily layered song writing. Relient K because I've loved these guys since I was in middle school, and Matt Thiessen's lyrics are super witty and full of puns, yet stand on their own if you take away the double meanings. Once again, I have immense respect for these guys.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
People tell me I look like a lost puppy dog.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
My writing style is like no one else's I've ever heard. My songs start in one place and then end up in a completely different, but still cohesive, place.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably "In Me" or "The World Ends With a Whimper." I don't think it'd be terribly hard...the only difficulty might happen with the short 5/4 part of "The World Ends..." in the pre-chorus
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Paul, for letting me use his recording equipment...and for mixing/producing my recordings...for free.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The fact that nobody buys full albums anymore because of iTunes.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Stopping by what I thought was a Double Bubble factory, but what turned out to be a farm called "Dubble Bubble Acres" and a micro-car museum that is apparently only open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays...only not in June or July.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means I know when bands I care about are recording new albums...win.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"In Me" or "Drift"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The mountains. Anywhere in the mountains.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Vanilla Ice. Or any other old school rap. But Ice, Ice Baby was my jam when I was five.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Invisibility. I mean, what COULDN"T you do with that?
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I enjoy writing fiction and short stories.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Music...writing. You know, that whole college thing.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can raise and lower my blood pressure at will.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music