|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Ohio Avenue is the street Derek grew up on. Due to his parents divorce he left everything behind and moved to Alabama with his mom and brother to start over. When the band formed, there were a lot of things left behind as well and it was very difficult at the time. It reminded Derek of how he felt when he moved from his hometown so the name Ohio Avenue just seemed right.
2. How did this band get started?
We started playing in our local church. After a few years we felt like it was time to step out and start playing outside of our church. That's when we formed Ohio Avenue.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Switchfoot, Muse, Mute Math, U2.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
U2 because it's simply amazing that they've been a band for so long and still know how to make great music. Plus it doesn't hurt that their stage setup is simply amazing.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A bunny with the hopes of getting the "Cadbury Bunny" job!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to our band because we strive to sound like no one but Ohio Avenue. When you listen to our music you won't feel like you're listening to a recycled version of someone else.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Liar, Liar. It would be one of the hardest things ever to five-star on expert...next to making a bowl of cereal.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, because everything came and comes from him and our families, fans and our manager for ALL the support over the years.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We would change the industry in a way that the artist can also makea decent living.
10. Memorable tour experience?
The first Christmas tour we ever did a few years ago. We were with another band that we were great friends with and we encountered all sorts of things like big crowds, small crowds, snow, getting stuck in snow, almost wrecking in snow, and even a guy who killed a black bear while we were staying at his house. It was simply amazing!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great place to read reviews and find out about awesome new bands (ex: Ohio Avenue)!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
The Sound. It is the title track from our new cd that releases to iTunes on Feb 16th!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The beach without a doubt. Oh summer get here soon!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Keith Green's music.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to make people love and buy our music. It would make this whole thing a lot easier ha ha.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our lead guitarist, KC, was a nurse before the band started.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We have the ability to maneuver our trailer like 50 year old truck driver.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music