AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Sunlight - 02.15.10

Interviewed by
Sunlight - 02.15.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Sunlight

http://www.myspace.com/makingsunlight
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cli...am/id352833281
http://twitter.com/MakingSunlight
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunlight/300950899509
http://www.last.fm/music/MakingSunlight
http://www.purevolume.com/makingsunlight

1. How did you get your band name?
I am a blond hair blue-eyed gentleman. I'm cheery, happy, and most of all, I always try to help others. I was talking with someone who was distressed and just felt like giving up, and after I finished talking with them, they had hope again. A friend turned to me and said "You know Robert, you're a pretty bright guy, help others, and you don't view yourself as the 'sun', but rather the Sunlight." From then on, I realized that is exactly what I want myself and music to be "Sunlight", something that brightens the day, but yet isn't center of attention--I want to remain humble and kind.

That is how I became "Sunlight".

2. How did this band get started?
It got started in my heart, and progressed to guitar and vocals when I could afford a mic and when I realized I had a passion for singing.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Bruce Springsteen,
30 Seconds To Mars,
nevershoutnever,
Toby Mac

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Bruce Springsteen. Why? Because he is a legend, and yet holds a very humble demeanor. That is wonderful and respect-worthy. Furthermore, he writes beautiful songs that touches the heart, and even though he does not have an incredibly ranged voice, he still soothes the soul.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A furry? Hmh, haven't heard that term too much. I suppose I would have to say a Panther. Why? Because they are beautiful, quiet, elegant(in a sense), and mostly keep to themselves. I am sort of like that, I suppose...

6. Why should people listen to your band?
There are a lot of songs out there, in the world, but few every really touch on the subject of "hope". However, that is my goal and purpose, especially in regards to my actual song "Hope". Times are tough, very hard, and so we need something to help support our dreams and our efforts to struggle through another day. We need something inspires us to find and keep our hope.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would say my song "Hope". Spread the message, brighten a heart! The difficulty would be incredibly easy, sadly...

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, Kaeli(you may inquire more if wished), my family(particularly my mother), and the fans! And not just fans, but real fans/friends, because that is what they are to me.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
It lack of pursuing and producing something better. Music is meant to help guide the heart and support what is good. Life is pretty bad right now, and most of the music out to do only matches the failing times. Instead, the music should be lifting the people up, and should be there in song like the best of friends, since of course the artist can not always be there in person.

10. Memorable tour experience?
I have yet to go on tour.
(Care to help with that?)

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A chance to shine. Not shining in some conceded selfish way, but rather to help lighten the trials of someone's life, and give them a tune to help each step they take. AP is an outlet for "love". Cheesy as that sounds, it is true.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
I Will Be There. Why? Because everyone wants to have someone there for them, and this song is!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Canada. Beautiful, lovely, and country to my heart. Yes, Canada!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Beatles, actually. Step-father was a big fan, and I found myself intrigued by their uniqueness and melodic sounds.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I personally an anime fan(yes, it is true, and yes I am partly a nerd!). Thus, I call hacks and say that the super power I would want would the power of being a Super Saiyan. Why? Because geez, who wouldn't want to instantly transport to another planet? Who would want to be able to lift up twenty cars, fly in the sky, and never get sick?

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Every message I get, whether it be someone showing their adoration for my songs, another showing their appreciation for the thoughts and meaning behind the songs, that is making it. Their happiness is "making it".

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a certified Emergency Medical Technician, scored incredibly high on my national exams, and truly love treating people and helping them.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Why? Because typically there is just some much joy and cheer around life at that time of year, and that makes me happy.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write (currently working on my own book), play music, play CSS(Counter-strike Source), volunteer/helping out, singing!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I think I may have a hidden talent for medical, writing(novel writing), and...other things I suppose.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests