Username
Password

03:58 PM on 05/20/10 
User Info.
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
Chicago
Male - 26 Years Old
Me and my girlfriend of 3 years broke up 6 months ago and she has been with another guy ever since. Cannot fuckin get over it no matter how hard I try. Fucking torture.

I feel you. Me and my girlfriend of 4 years broke up almost 3 years ago (4th of July '07) and a week after we broke up she started dating a new guy and has been with him ever since. I was borderline depressed for almost a year. It still bothers me to this day, but things eventually get better.

Kind of weird that a girl can date you for so long and end up being with a new guy right after you break up and fall in love with him.
04:57 PM on 05/20/10 
User Info.
terror_91
I feel sorry for the elephants
Notts/Manc, UK
Male - 23 Years Old
I feel you. Me and my girlfriend of 4 years broke up almost 3 years ago (4th of July '07) and a week after we broke up she started dating a new guy and has been with him ever since. I was borderline depressed for almost a year. It still bothers me to this day, but things eventually get better.

Kind of weird that a girl can date you for so long and end up being with a new guy right after you break up and fall in love with him.
That assumes that she fell in love straight away and she hadn't fallen in love earlier.

Enjoy that thought.
05:16 PM on 05/20/10 
User Info.
whoaisame

She left me for him. Even worse. It's the worse nightmare I can think of.
05:46 PM on 05/20/10 
User Info.
James Johnson
Bottle Kissing Since '05
Sydney
Male - 29 Years Old
She left me for him. Even worse. It's the worse nightmare I can think of.

Been there, suffered that.
Hang in there!
12:46 AM on 05/24/10 
User Info.
ohheroine
c o l o r s
Montevallo, AL
Female - 30 Years Old
my boyfriend and i broke up in jan. i keep thinking its going to get better but even now with it almost june i have a hard time talking to other guys as more than friends and only see myself fitting back with him :/
01:05 AM on 05/24/10 
User Info.
James Johnson
Bottle Kissing Since '05
Sydney
Male - 29 Years Old
my boyfriend and i broke up in jan. i keep thinking its going to get better but even now with it almost june i have a hard time talking to other guys as more than friends and only see myself fitting back with him :/

This is pretty common when the person has such a massive impact on your life for such a long time. Its kind of like a tiger in a zoo, after long enough they forget how to hunt and survive in the wilderness. Be tough and push yourself.
12:07 AM on 05/30/10 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 22 Years Old
I read these posts, and I have a really convinced feeling that I'm going to be the person to break my girlfriend's heart in the future, and she's going to be just like everyone here. That's almost as bad as being the broken-upee :(
12:22 AM on 05/30/10 
User Info.
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
Miami, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm in love with my ex but I don't want to be with her cause she cheated on me. FML
11:31 AM on 06/05/10 
User Info.
Burn That Shit
a strange turn of events
Milwaukee
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm in love with my ex but I don't want to be with her cause she cheated on me. FML

solution: murderize her, with a stick. this will relieve your anger for her cheating on you, and also your sexual desire as you can have all the sex with her orifices and whatnot after she's dead.
01:28 PM on 06/05/10 
User Info.
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
Miami, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
solution: murderize her, with a stick. this will relieve your anger for her cheating on you, and also your sexual desire as you can have all the sex with her orifices and whatnot after she's dead.

Sounds like a fool-proof plan, I'll keep you updated.
08:35 PM on 06/05/10 
User Info.
BroNamath
Life's a Garden, Dig it!
Tampa, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
my girlfriend broke up with me this past august when i left jersey to go to school in florida, we were inseparable when we were dating and we went through alot together, when i came home for christmas, just as i was getting over her and finally moving on she calls me and texts me about her personal issues (real serious stuff), it was alot to deal with and we fought and it really messed with my head, i got into drugs, and drank pretty hard the last semester, and now that im home again it seems like il never move on and the sad thing is its really affecting me socially
02:50 PM on 06/06/10 
User Info.
Sargent Sausage
bassslap
Male - 25 Years Old
me and my gf of two years broke up yesterday (final time)... it was fucked, this happen during the day, then i seen her at the club making out with some guy that she was always texting when we were going out. when i seen that, no words can describe how sick to my stomach i got. im fucking depressed. confidence is at an all time low and i dont no what to do with myself... just keep replaying the scene over and over again.... they prob did more then kiss , whoops excuse me, i must use the facilities cuz im gonna be sick.
10:31 AM on 06/07/10 
User Info.
Kid CudI
No Avatar Selected
Buffalo
Male - 23 Years Old
well theres nothing wrong
07:27 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
I've never been dumped, but I have been the dumper hah It was hard to do and I was still miserable after it happened even though it was my choice. Now I'm in a relationship, I'm happy for the most part but our relationship is extremely complicated. Well how we got together, not now. But we fight a lot and he says I'm a horrible girlfriend. And that I dont care enough. I just can't bring myself to leave him. Also, he wont leave me, so I cant be that bad, right?
03:07 AM on 06/11/10 
User Info.
bunneh.
make moves, son
Male - 24 Years Old
Let me give it to you straight, AP.

So My ex and I broke up, oh about 40 minutes ago. We dated for almost 2 years and had many ups and downs but I always went out on a limb for her, always put her first and tried to make her happy. Last summer she got drunk and fooled around with some guy and I was a wreck about that for so long. I've dealt with it pretty well and I stayed with her through it. I don't know if I regret it or not because I really do love her and we ended up having many a great times even after that all happened.

I had some minor depression problems before that little incident last summer and if anything, that whole situation amplified it so much more and I've been dealing with it ever since.

(For some insight, after it happened, i lost 20 pounds over 3 days from not eating. It's not that I didn't want to, my body physically couldn't.)

We argued more, I was seeing a counselor at college for some time and to be honest, it really helped. Going on meds has been a lasting issue in my head and I really want to try and make it without them but I digress.

We argued a lot more, my temper was shorter and to be honest, there was a part of me that still resented her but I tried to dilute it as much as I could through time. Underneath it all, i know she really hates herself for doing it and i think it really snowballed into the roots of most of our problems today. Well, yesterday.

See I know people argue. It just happens when you're around someone for so long. You take them for granted and sometimes its not as easy as you may want it to be. But relationships take a lot of work once you get going at them. It's not all fucking butterflies and snowflakes. Her reasons for not wanting to continue our relationship was that she was exhausted from arguing and generally unhappy - a fact that until now, I was pretty much oblivious to. She is horrible at communicating how she feels and when we do argue, I tend to lead the conversation. Lately her temper has been much shorter, she's increasingly defensive and snippy. And she doesn't realize that it doesn't help a thing. It makes them so much worse and all the while, i'm trying to work on my attitude and be patient. How am i supposed to accomplish anything when she is doing the opposite? It's so difficult.

And i mention all this shit stuff because well, I feel like shit. But I love spending time with her and I truely don't understand how 'unhappy' she can be. We have a great time together. Inside jokes, active lifestyles, the works. She is really nice to be around. I'm so lost, you know?

In all honesty, I'm doing better then I should be, mostly because we've come so close to breaking up before, that I've suffered through a lot of it already. But the ONE thing that gets me is all the parties she will go to and all of the guys she will meet, make out with and fuck. I swear, that's the shittiest thing I'm feeling about right now. Nothing makes me more upset because I had liberties with her body and herself that other guys are going to get to enjoy now. Son of a bitch.

That was all very cut and dry, but I had to get it out of my head. I've gone through so much with this girl, good and bad. And if tomorrow, she decided she wanted to get back together and that she would genuinely try better to communicate, I would get back with her in a second. Reading this, yep. Sounds fucking crazy. But I would really look forward to what could come of us if she made some changes like I have and decided it was all really worth it. I'm really broken up about it and I'm really afraid of how I'm going to feel given my deeply depressive history.

But if worse comes to worse, there's this really hot chick who works in the library that i've been dying to meet.

EDIT: And it blows that this happens to be my 412th post, because she's from Pittsburgh and that's the area code. Fack.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos