Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
02:24 PM on 02/18/10 
User Info.
limepomegranate
giving you a hot beef injection
Lexington, KY
Female - 24 Years Old
I was talking to a very close friend last night about how I went through a breakup four weeks ago. After talking for awhile, she reminded me of the saying "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, it was never yours to begin with."

I'm just curious what people think about this (in regards to relationships).
Both my boyfriend and I have the same thoughts about on and off relationships (which even if it's once like the quote makes it out to be it's still an on and off relationship). If you break up you stay broken up because A:you had your chance and you didn't want to be with me the first time so B: what makes you think it'll work if it didn't work before? If my boyfriend and I break up we will not be getting back together that's just what we believe.
02:36 PM on 02/18/10 
User Info.
davehennessy
www.facebook.com/davehennessymusic
Chicago
Male
Both my boyfriend and I have the same thoughts about on and off relationships (which even if it's once like the quote makes it out to be it's still an on and off relationship). If you break up you stay broken up because A:you had your chance and you didn't want to be with me the first time so B: what makes you think it'll work if it didn't work before? If my boyfriend and I break up we will not be getting back together that's just what we believe.

I understand your thinking, but I think it really depends on the couple. My girlfriend and I actually broke up once before our most recent breakup, and we ended up getting back together two weeks later. Our most recent breakup was much heavier (or "real", if you want to put it that way) and I don't think we'll be getting back together anytime soon (if at all). However, one can always hope, which is why I like this saying (even if there are some loopholes with its theory in relation to relationships)
02:45 PM on 02/18/10 
User Info.
limepomegranate
Lexington, KY
Female - 24 Years Old
I understand your thinking, but I think it really depends on the couple. My girlfriend and I actually broke up once before our most recent breakup, and we ended up getting back together two weeks later. Our most recent breakup was much heavier (or "real", if you want to put it that way) and I don't think we'll be getting back together anytime soon (if at all). However, one can always hope, which is why I like this saying (even if there are some loopholes with its theory in relation to relationships)
I think it depends solely on the individual. I've been in relationships where we've broken up and they're wanting to get back together with me and I said no because I don't believe in on and off relationships. No offense to anyone but I just think that if it didn't work out before it won't work a second time. That's just my opinion though and it'll probably never change even though I know people who've broken up and gotten back together and couldn't be happier. I just don't believe in it personally and neither does my boyfriend. That kind of thinking has also saved us from breaking up over stupid shit that a lot of couples do. It causes us to really think and talk things out more because we know that once we're broken up that's it for the both of us.
03:23 PM on 02/18/10 
User Info.
po0ty
Boston
Male
I'm in the single most inconsistent relationship ever. One day I want to be with him forever and the next I want to break up.

If I ever go insane it will be from girls like you
04:28 PM on 02/18/10 
User Info.
davehennessy
www.facebook.com/davehennessymusic
Chicago
Male

Hahaha
08:52 PM on 02/18/10 
User Info.
undonesweater93
Where are your friends tonight?
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
im just now out of my first relationship ever. given that i'm 16, and it was with a 14 year old girl it's a bit sad indeed. she broke up with me. it lasted about a month.

I was familiar with who she was when I met her at our School's Winter Carnival and we instantly REALLY hit it off. I gave her my aim and we almost instantly became best friends. About two weeks later we were talking about the people we like and being blind to the possibility i got out of her that she really liked me. She practically begged for me to give her a chance. about two weeks later i decided to go out with her because i liked her.

The first week wasnt really anything special, i was still trying to get over myself for having a GF in the first place, etc. The second week was the same, but the relationship was basically a friendship. Knowing this, I thought I would have to try to break up with her... but the third week changed my mind. She kissed me for the first time (which was also my first kiss) and it felt so right. I don't know what about it changed my mind but it changed it really quick! I really started to like her and week 4 i thought that it was really becoming serious. We couldnt spend valentimes together and she was too sick to go to school monday or tuesday, so i hadnt seen her for a few days when she went on aim and broke up with me

she cited that she wasnt "emotionally mature" enough to be in a relationship. it sounded like a croc of shit at the time, so i got skeptical and i tried to change her mind. that didnt work. then she told me she didnt like me anymore and i told her i couldnt trust her because it was all fucking fine two days before. that apparently hurt her, but i was hurt worse. I was crying on and off for about 24 hours.

apparently that really freaked her out, so i pretty much pestered a mutual friend so i wouldnt get stalkery... i talked to a lot of people i shouldnt have like her (practically) best friend and her sister... and talking to her sister sent her over the edge. apparently she was cool with being my friend until then but that put her over the edge and made her "fucking terrified"

but days later... I'm insanely happy. there's not really an explanation, i just am :)
08:32 AM on 02/19/10 
User Info.
limepomegranate
Lexington, KY
Female - 24 Years Old
im just now out of my first relationship ever. given that i'm 16, and it was with a 14 year old girl it's a bit sad indeed. she broke up with me. it lasted about a month.

I was familiar with who she was when I met her at our School's Winter Carnival and we instantly REALLY hit it off. I gave her my aim and we almost instantly became best friends. About two weeks later we were talking about the people we like and being blind to the possibility i got out of her that she really liked me. She practically begged for me to give her a chance. about two weeks later i decided to go out with her because i liked her.

The first week wasnt really anything special, i was still trying to get over myself for having a GF in the first place, etc. The second week was the same, but the relationship was basically a friendship. Knowing this, I thought I would have to try to break up with her... but the third week changed my mind. She kissed me for the first time (which was also my first kiss) and it felt so right. I don't know what about it changed my mind but it changed it really quick! I really started to like her and week 4 i thought that it was really becoming serious. We couldnt spend valentimes together and she was too sick to go to school monday or tuesday, so i hadnt seen her for a few days when she went on aim and broke up with me

she cited that she wasnt "emotionally mature" enough to be in a relationship. it sounded like a croc of shit at the time, so i got skeptical and i tried to change her mind. that didnt work. then she told me she didnt like me anymore and i told her i couldnt trust her because it was all fucking fine two days before. that apparently hurt her, but i was hurt worse. I was crying on and off for about 24 hours.

apparently that really freaked her out, so i pretty much pestered a mutual friend so i wouldnt get stalkery... i talked to a lot of people i shouldnt have like her (practically) best friend and her sister... and talking to her sister sent her over the edge. apparently she was cool with being my friend until then but that put her over the edge and made her "fucking terrified"

but days later... I'm insanely happy. there's not really an explanation, i just am :)
Haha she's terrified because you talked to her sister? If I were her I would have thought you were trying to get in my sister's pants!
08:56 AM on 02/19/10 
User Info.
&IllBeTheReason
Cuba Libre
Ft. Lauderdale
Female - 23 Years Old
It's really not like that but I won't bother, lol.
09:09 AM on 02/19/10 
User Info.
undonesweater93
Where are your friends tonight?
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Haha she's terrified because you talked to her sister? If I were her I would have thought you were trying to get in my sister's pants!

well it was mainly because i was like getting scary emotional the day after the breakup. the next day i told her i was breaking down and everything (BIG mistake) and i was kind of bothering her. (texted her a lot, apologized like 5 times... etc. her friend (male) compared me to a really messed up ex of a mutual friend of both my ex, this male friend, and I.)

I'm just tired of caring...
03:15 PM on 02/19/10 
User Info.
limepomegranate
Lexington, KY
Female - 24 Years Old
well it was mainly because i was like getting scary emotional the day after the breakup. the next day i told her i was breaking down and everything (BIG mistake) and i was kind of bothering her. (texted her a lot, apologized like 5 times... etc. her friend (male) compared me to a really messed up ex of a mutual friend of both my ex, this male friend, and I.)

I'm just tired of caring...
Next time...do the exact opposite. It'll drive her crazy (if she cares) that it seems like you didn't care that she broke up with you. Also, apologize once not more than that ok? Only one apology is needed and texting her a lot like that makes you seem desperate and yes, borderline crazy. Also, you're only 16! Go out and have fun! Besides, chances are whatever girlfriend you have in high school is not who you're going to end up with! I never dated in high school because I knew where I wanted to go to college and I don't believe in long-distance relationships (granted I know they can work) or choosing a college based on where your significant other is going. If you don't go where you want to for college and choose based on your significant other you're not going to be happy. That's just my opinion though!
03:24 PM on 02/19/10 
User Info.
limepomegranate
Lexington, KY
Female - 24 Years Old
Dumpsville could also imply that you smell like shit.
Haha I bet everyone who sees that sign (if it's real) checks to see if they smell after-wards!

i liked the part where we saw jennifer annistons buttocks.
And she waxed her vag! She did have a nice pert tush!

heard that movie sucked
It was the ending...you wanted them to get back together but I guess it was too much like real life...aKa they didn't get back together and had that awkward first meeting in the end! Haha

Fact- never saw this film.
Don't...

I've brought this up in other threads, but heres a good place to bring it up again I guess haha. Girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me for some other guy, under the guise that she needed freedom in college etc. Long story short, we still hang out all the time behind this kids back and behind the backs of everyone she knows (except her parents, who love me). When we are together now (tho it took about a month to get to this) we get along better than ever, have sex all the time, and so on. Yet, she still wants to be with this kid. He found out about us having sex etc.. 2 weeks into their "relationship" (she refuses to admit he is her boyfriend) and they got into a huge fight and broke up, got back together the next day, then they got into a huge fight 2 days ago cause hes an idiot and did some stupid shit at her parents house and they hate him now. Yet, she still wants to make things work there apparently. I just dont fucking get it. Why try to make something so obviously wrong work that early in their relationship, when she already has something that works and is great. Still says "I Love You" and everything like nothing has changed. And just for the record, its not sex (or better sex) that she is looking for, if anything that is why she is still with me lol. Maybe I am just a loser? I dont mean that in a pathetic way, just honestly have no clue wtf is goin on.
Cut her loose man. She is just using you because she knows that you love her and are there for her to fall back on.

This thread has a bad case of the pathetics. I guess I can participate.

Broke up with my girl on Halloween last year. Not over it.
I don't understand how people can break up with someone and "not be over it".
03:32 PM on 02/19/10 
User Info.
Deadbolt23
Jacob
Bath, England
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't understand how people can break up with someone and "not be over it".

...? You clearly have no idea what it's like to break up with someone you love.

Edit: And don't put that in quotation marks as if you know that I am actually over it. Tip: You don't know me.
03:46 PM on 02/19/10 
User Info.
limepomegranate
Lexington, KY
Female - 24 Years Old
...? You clearly have no idea what it's like to break up with someone you love.

Edit: And don't put that in quotation marks as if you know that I am actually over it. Tip: You don't know me.
All I said was that I don't understand it. No need to get all bitchy. Jesus fucking Christ man.
03:50 PM on 02/19/10 
User Info.
Deadbolt23
Jacob
Bath, England
Male - 22 Years Old
All I said was that I don't understand it. No need to get all bitchy. Jesus fucking Christ man.

Okay...I'm sorry. Obviously need to learn to control myself if I'm gonna post about it on the internet. Just seemed like you were saying something because of the quotation marks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos