Username
Password

12:41 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
yeah... this whole break up thing fucking sucks. more for me than for her, since she's not in love, and i still am. it's a bitch. it sucks knowing that she's probably rebounding, and i have too much heart to rebound because i'd feel like i was using them out of spite or something.

i don't know how to get over someone who i still love, lives with my brother, and still want to be friends with. fuck!

You wait. Seriously.

Don't try to be friends with her, it doesn't work and you won't be able to let go, and you'll just be stuck in your personal hell even longer. Do not talk to her about what you saw, because she is not yours to care for anymore. By the same token, you don't owe her anything, so don't be afraid to do whatever you want to do. You don't need to rebound, just work on yourself - you're free to do so much more now that you don't have anyone else to worry about.

I know it sucks man; hell, I'm still going through it. But it'll get better, I promise. Not perfect, just better.
01:12 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Chico, California
Male - 23 Years Old
yeah... this whole break up thing fucking sucks. more for me than for her, since she's not in love, and i still am. it's a bitch. it sucks knowing that she's probably rebounding, and i have too much heart to rebound because i'd feel like i was using them out of spite or something.

i don't know how to get over someone who i still love, lives with my brother, and still want to be friends with. fuck!

I broke up with my gf a month ago, and I wasn't in love and she still was. It still sucked for me. I still haven't done anything with any chick, because it's hard to even get back into the swing of being single. She probably isn't out rebounding already as she is probably having trouble with the whole thing as well.

As 11:11 said, just spend time improving yourself now that you're able to just deal with your own stuff. Since my break up I've started working out, hanging out with friends more often, meeting new people, etc. All of these things that I couldn't do while I was with her I've gotten back into doing and I absolutely love being able to do whatever the hell I want. Certainly you're in a different position than I was in, but if anything just think of it as a way to make yourself an even more eligible man than you were with her. I'm sure my gf has noticed that I'm now a happier, more in shape, and more social person than I was with her. But more importantly, I notice it, and it makes me happy to know that I'm able to make myself so much better off on my own.

Like I said before, one day at a time. This isn't something that you're going to get over overnight, there are going to be good days and there are going to be bad days. You've got people who care about you in real life, and we're here to talk to as well. You're going to survive, and you'll come out of it a better person than you were before. Just give it some time!
01:18 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
You wait. Seriously.

Don't try to be friends with her, it doesn't work and you won't be able to let go, and you'll just be stuck in your personal hell even longer. Do not talk to her about what you saw, because she is not yours to care for anymore. By the same token, you don't owe her anything, so don't be afraid to do whatever you want to do. You don't need to rebound, just work on yourself - you're free to do so much more now that you don't have anyone else to worry about.

I know it sucks man; hell, I'm still going through it. But it'll get better, I promise. Not perfect, just better.

its hard to just cut ties completely with someone you still care about that. especially since we were each other's best friends, we talked every day, had fun hanging out and everything. just... she fell out of love with me, stopped being attracted to me, whatever. and the whole situation that she lives with my brother and his fiancee makes this even harder to work around. cuz even if i said "no contact at all!" i would still want to hang out with my bro, play video games and stuff... i guess i could just ask him to come to our mom's house to hang out, rather than i going to their place... but either way, i can't not talk to my ex, or help but wonder who she's with and stuff... at least right now. it's been a week. i assume i'll eventually not care anymore.
01:22 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I broke up with my gf a month ago, and I wasn't in love and she still was. It still sucked for me. I still haven't done anything with any chick, because it's hard to even get back into the swing of being single. She probably isn't out rebounding already as she is probably having trouble with the whole thing as well.

As 11:11 said, just spend time improving yourself now that you're able to just deal with your own stuff. Since my break up I've started working out, hanging out with friends more often, meeting new people, etc. All of these things that I couldn't do while I was with her I've gotten back into doing and I absolutely love being able to do whatever the hell I want. Certainly you're in a different position than I was in, but if anything just think of it as a way to make yourself an even more eligible man than you were with her. I'm sure my gf has noticed that I'm now a happier, more in shape, and more social person than I was with her. But more importantly, I notice it, and it makes me happy to know that I'm able to make myself so much better off on my own.

Like I said before, one day at a time. This isn't something that you're going to get over overnight, there are going to be good days and there are going to be bad days. You've got people who care about you in real life, and we're here to talk to as well. You're going to survive, and you'll come out of it a better person than you were before. Just give it some time!

i appreciate your words of wisdom, dude! all of you guys, really. i feel weird talking about these kinds of things with my friends and family because they all were good friends with my girlfriend, and i dont want them to pick sides and shit. i like hearing it straight, so i appreciate you guys helping me out rather than being typical internet people who just slam memes in people's faces. haha
06:31 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Chico, California
Male - 23 Years Old
i appreciate your words of wisdom, dude! all of you guys, really. i feel weird talking about these kinds of things with my friends and family because they all were good friends with my girlfriend, and i dont want them to pick sides and shit. i like hearing it straight, so i appreciate you guys helping me out rather than being typical internet people who just slam memes in people's faces. haha

Haha no problem. I also have a lot of trouble talking about stuff like this with my friends and family (I broke up with my gf of 2 years who my family loved, and the extent of our talking about it was 3 or 4 texts to my mom and that was it). So awkward.
07:03 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
How awkward... I was just hanging out at my buddy's house, and then one of his other came over, and they both started talking about the dude who my girlfriend dreamed about (they're friends with him), while my friend was asking about our break up. It felt really fucking weird so I left. I feel like I'm in the middle a weird conspiracy. And my ex continues to tell me that she and the other dude have nothing going on and It's all in my head. Ugh!
07:11 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
How awkward... I was just hanging out at my buddy's house, and then one of his other came over, and they both started talking about the dude who my girlfriend dreamed about (they're friends with him), while my friend was asking about our break up. It felt really fucking weird so I left. I feel like I'm in the middle a weird conspiracy. And my ex continues to tell me that she and the other dude have nothing going on and It's all in my head. Ugh!

Well ask yourself, even if there is something going on (which there probably is, sorry to break it to you ), what difference does it make? You just need to keep reminding yourself that she's not yours anymore.
08:30 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Well ask yourself, even if there is something going on (which there probably is, sorry to break it to you ), what difference does it make? You just need to keep reminding yourself that she's not yours anymore.

Yeah. But at the same time, I can't seem to get away from it. I can't move on and deal with it if I can't forget about her, And I have to hear about other people she communicates with.
07:41 AM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
chuffman
No Avatar Selected
Breakups suck...I can tell you this, you will become stronger and will have learned so much when looking at it in hindsight. good luck
11:17 PM on 07/30/12 
User Info.
JPA917
@JPA05
Murfreesboro, TN
Male - 22 Years Old
I cheated on my girlfriend on a beach trip earlier this summer. I told her straight up when I got back in town because it is even worse when they find out from someone else. I honestly do feel like shit, but she isn't going to give me a second chance, which I understand. It just sucks because we have so many mutual friends and now I'm the asshole guy that broke her heart. I think what sucks the most is the fact that I was really, really good to her for so long. However, when I fuck up, I fuck up BIG TIME.

I just hope we can be civil again someday. I don't wanna beg for a second chance at this point just because I know she can't stand the thought of me at the moment. I guess this is my first actual "break-up" so it has been pretty shitty the last few days.
02:43 AM on 08/14/12 
User Info.
ylliB sivaD
They're blue boringers!
San Francisco, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Hi I'm part of this club too now. Blows!!!!!!!!!!!
07:39 AM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
Marlborough, MA
Female - 30 Years Old
I am in a really great relationship right now, but my old one still bugs the fuck out of me. Not because he's married and his wife is expecting twins in February, but because I am still so angry and bitter towards him. I really wish I had the chance to just scream in his face how much of a loser fuck he is and be done with it. Its been almost 2 years but I'm still just so pissed off about how it ended. I never got my final word.

Anyone else ever felt this way?
03:35 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
sweetforever
Penn
Male - 28 Years Old
I am in a really great relationship right now, but my old one still bugs the fuck out of me. Not because he's married and his wife is expecting twins in February, but because I am still so angry and bitter towards him. I really wish I had the chance to just scream in his face how much of a loser fuck he is and be done with it. Its been almost 2 years but I'm still just so pissed off about how it ended. I never got my final word.

Anyone else ever felt this way?

Could not tell you how good it would make me feel to tell of my last ex, because she met a mutual friend's cousin, then 2 weeks later breaks up with me, then 3 months later is dating said friend's cousin. Lied to me about everything the entire time before they started dating. Coincidence? Don't think so.
10:18 AM on 08/22/12 
User Info.
takingbackjosh
Im not a self-help book
Male - 19 Years Old
The whole situation with my ex right now is a very long story, but I could use some advice on what's currently going on. To give a little background she broke up with me in the beginning of July. She said she felt like she needed a break and gave a very reasonable explanation why she's breaking up with me so I completely understood and was ok with that cause I wanted what's best for her and if that's what she needed then she needed to do that. Plus we also still tried to be friends and talk to each other (still are actually), so that made me feel better about everything. But that pretty much just turned into an open relationship instead of a break, and I became uncomfortable with that so I sort of broke that off you could say and a lot has happened between now and our break up but that's a much longer story. This is just the jist of it to give some background.

But now less than a week ago I heard a rumor from a friend that my ex started talking to some guy on July 3rd, just a week before she broke up with me. Now I hate rumors and rarely believe them and didn't believe this at first at all. Especially because I always had 100% trust in her. Never did that kind of thought cross my mind that that could happen. But it took me a few days to even get any more information out of my friend because apparently I wasn't supposed to know about this at all. My friend didn't do a very good job getting information and their friend they were talking to who is friends with the guy talking to my ex wouldn't tell my friend much. Which makes me think they're hiding something. So I gave up on that, and did my own research. Unfortunately from what I could see, everything adds up too perfectly to be a coincidence. My biggest problem is my ex and I still talk, we're still friends. But the more I believe this is true the more it gets harder to even talk to her, it hurts way too much. So all that brings up my question...do I confront her about this at all? All of my friends that I've talked to say don't, and I know it would probably cause drama and she would flip no matter if it's true or not cause she tends to do that. But I'm just not sure I can go on not knowing the truth and still talking to her and all that. I know everyone says just forget it now and move on, but it really sucks. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Like I said before too a lot has gone on in the past month and a half since our break up, too much to write up on here. But I think I covered the main points of everything so that whoever (or if anyone) reads this can get an idea of what's going on. And I know I'm still young and this all might sound pretty stupid, but I really could use more points of view and advice on what to do here.
09:03 PM on 09/03/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
this girl I was dating just walked out on me crying. I don't know if it's over. I think aunt flow came to visit because she just snapped and yelled and yelled while I sat there. even though I think she just lost it, I also think I have something to do with it. I have dated 4 different girls this year, so maybe it's me and not necessarily them. Usually I wouldn't call until they work out there problems, but I'm going to try something different and just call her in an hour or so.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos