|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Classic in the Making - 02.22.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Classic in the Making
1. How did you get your band name?
We spent weeks choosing a band name. We used to send facebook messages making suggestions back and forth between the whole band. In the end, we probably came up with 100 different band names. Eventually "Classic in the Making" appealed to us more than the others. It was originally a lyric in a song that we decided not to finish writing. (Kind of ironic)
2. How did this band get started?
The band was originally 2 local bands in Des Moines, IA. One being a pop/dance band, while the other was a Christian Metal band. Both bands eventually serperated. Joe had known Tyler from old bands back in high school so he was invited to join and he brought Joey along with him.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
You, Me, And Everyone We Know; The Maine; blink-182; Say Anything; Panic! at the Disco; Fall out Boy
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I'm sure the answer would be different for each member, but for me (Joe) it would definitely be blink-182 back in the day. Those guys had so much fun and I got a lot of my personality from watching the Urethra Chronicles and listening to The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show. I'd also love to tour with Lady Gaga just because I love how psychotic she is. Reminds me a lot of Freddy Mercury.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would like to be a house cat. I could be lazy and eat whenever I wanted. Maybe I could be a black cat and intentionally cross people's paths to give them bad luck.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because it's always fun hearing new music. I like to be the first one in my friend circle to discover a new band and rub it in their face. If you wanna be arrogant like me and rub our music in your friends' faces, you better hurry before I do it. Also, it's just fun music. It's pretty much the last 6 months of my life packed into 5 mp3s.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I'd probably choose "All For the Audience." I'd say it would be a fairly easy song, but It's one of those that you keep trying to get 100% on because it's so fun to play!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
All of our parents for putting up with us and helping us out when we really needed it, Todd Kolojeski, Sam Summers, and our old bands for helping us develop into the musicians we are now.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Give away music for free online.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Coming home from playing the warped tour, I hit a huge bump going 60 mph. The trailer went airborne. Everything seemed to be fine so we kept going...only to discover that when we got home that the hitch was completely stripped and one more small bump would have taken the whole trailer off. Scary.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I love it! great way to hear about news from fellow bands!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"This is Why I Can't Have Nice Things" It's really fun to put a lot of emotion into a song like this one.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere warm with a beach! I'd love to visit Japan some day.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Eifel 65, Savage Garden, blink-182, Nelly, Fastball, Jock Jams!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Flight! obviously. There would be no better feeling of freedom than flying through the clouds high above a busy city.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No. In fact, we only launched our myspace a couple months ago. Even if some people eventually say we've "made it," I have a habit of never being satisfied. I'll keep pushing to grow musically until I can't push anymore.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We're all pretty athletic. It's kind of a stereotype that bands were losers in high school and didnt do anything but write poems. In fact most of us were sports stars at our high schools.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Any holiday that gets you out of school. Since Christmas gets you the most days off, we've gotta go with that.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play sports, party, find new music, write new music.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
The greatest hidden talent is Joe's ability to fart on command. Very attractive. Can probably go 40 or 50 farts in a row (if he doesn't get bored).
10:03 PM on 02/22/10
There is definately a very heavy YMAEWK influence. I fucking love this bands EP though
11:54 PM on 02/22/10
These dudes are like bros to me... check em out for sure!
02:29 AM on 02/23/10
this band is super catchy. cats are the worst though
also, jock jams ftw!
More From This Author