Username
Password
AFI News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AFI
Inside AP.net

Making of Beautiful Thieves

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/23/10)
Check out a video of the making of AFI's "Beautiful Thieves" music video in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
04:17 PM on 02/23/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
04:24 PM on 02/23/10
ETGsynth
IWillBuryYou&EverythingYouBelieveIn
User Info.
I've never understood Jade's hair.
04:27 PM on 02/23/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Haha cool video.
04:32 PM on 02/23/10
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
I used to love this band, but I can't stand Crash Love at all. They dropped their whole sound and wrote a few ballads with a couple of misplaced 'Woah's thrown into the mix.
This is one of the better songs on the album, and 'Sacreligious' is tolerable but over-all I miss the DecemberUnderground type sound.
04:46 PM on 02/23/10
ETGsynth
IWillBuryYou&EverythingYouBelieveIn
User Info.
I used to love this band, but I can't stand Crash Love at all. They dropped their whole sound and wrote a few ballads with a couple of misplaced 'Woah's thrown into the mix.
This is one of the better songs on the album, and 'Sacreligious' is tolerable but over-all I miss the DecemberUnderground type sound.
If anything they need to go back to the pre/STS or sound. Not back to what was regarded as a huge step back for them and the worst album by some.
05:01 PM on 02/23/10
McIrish
Liver Alone
User Info.
I finally gave up on this band. I've been a fan since 98, but everything I liked about this band is gone.
05:15 PM on 02/23/10
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
Too much wah wah in this thread.

Anyway, good video...Hunter and Jade crack me up. Funny stuff.
05:51 PM on 02/23/10
xtheaudition
User Info.
great video
07:42 PM on 02/23/10
michealrogers
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember going to sleep-away camp and all the cool kids had A Fire Inside stickers on their jackets, and AFI was punky and rebellious. But, you cant do that forever. These guys are in their 30's? I mean, I have to congratulate them on their success. They have made a small fortune with very little musical prowess. AOTY was Dave Matthews, and it was a commercial flop. This will sell a gabagillion copies. After so many power chords and wo wo wo's, it just becomes business.

Lionel Richie:" Write melodies and you will be remembered forever."
01:18 AM on 02/24/10
Jamekae
Nothing is all we own.
User Info.
decemberunderground was awful in comparison to Crash Love. Crash Love gave us the amazing track that is End Transmission, which is possibly my favourite AFI song of all time. Right up there with The Lost Souls and At a Glance.

Hunter's so funny, he always makes me laugh.
04:12 AM on 02/24/10
holybatmon
Unregistered User
User Info.
I remember going to sleep-away camp and all the cool kids had A Fire Inside stickers on their jackets, and AFI was punky and rebellious. But, you cant do that forever. These guys are in their 30's? I mean, I have to congratulate them on their success. They have made a small fortune with very little musical prowess. AOTY was Dave Matthews, and it was a commercial flop. This will sell a gabagillion copies. After so many power chords and wo wo wo's, it just becomes business.

Lionel Richie:" Write melodies and you will be remembered forever."
Um...not really. Dave Matthews almost certainly sold more. You know nothing.

Anyway, it's hard to believe that Jade is 36.
12:10 PM on 02/24/10
surgerone
User Info.
afi is one of the most honest, grounded bands in existence today. it doesn't matter how their sound changes; the message behind the music will always be the same
04:52 PM on 02/24/10
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.

You're kidding, right?

Crash Love is miles ahead of Decemberunderground (which was borderline unlistenable). I mean, it's no Sing The Sorrow, but it's definitely a step up from their previous effort.

Anybody who's been a fan of AFI for any significant amount of time knows that their sound changes (sometimes pretty dramatically) with every album. Sing The Sorrow is my favorite of their albums, but it's pretty foolish to get so stuck and attached to any particular "sound" when it comes to this band. They'll never make another STS or another DU (thank God), I just want the albums to be good, regardless of what the "sound" is.
08:11 PM on 03/10/10
girlnot-grey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
afi is one of the most honest, grounded bands in existence today. it doesn't matter how their sound changes; the message behind the music will always be the same
Someone finally making sense. They are four honest guys, doing what they love who are prepared to take risks and I respect them for that. They have matured and everyone who complains about that should grow up as well.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums