Username
Password
Steel Train News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Steel Train
Inside AP.net

New Steel Train Interview

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (03/01/10)
Head to the replies to see a new Steel Train interview with the guys from weworemasks.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
04:16 PM on 03/01/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
04:22 PM on 03/01/10
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
this is our first video interview. pls be gentle. they have some bits about the new record, touring with tegan & sxsw for those interested.
04:28 PM on 03/01/10
rxBIRD
User Info.
i miss the old steel train. they need to bring the funk back.
04:38 PM on 03/01/10
JonyeWest
User Info.
I love WeWoreMasks. Best music blog. I go there all the time.
05:05 PM on 03/01/10
Little Ferret
Play that tune
User Info.
Saw these guys open for Tegan and Sara. They were really great. I picked up their newest album, but have yet to listen to it.
05:12 PM on 03/01/10
Sagamore393
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I do love ST, but do miss their "old" sound. For you my dear is still one of my favorite records. Not to take anything away from Jack, but I did like when Scott sang better. And maybe I'm late on this, but does anyone know why he left?
05:16 PM on 03/01/10
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
edit: this is our first video interview. pls be gentle. they have some bits about the new record, touring with tegan & sxsw for those interested.

I would say the following;

next time get a tripod so its not so jittery, Next time you ask questions allow a beat (4-8 seconds) before letting the band answer the question so its not so choppy in post, and also pull the camera back so we can see all of the guys even when some aren't talking cause then we can see their expression to the questions and answers.

good luck next time!

as far as "turnpike ghost" goes, ITS AMAZING. so stoked for the new record!!!!!!!!!
05:18 PM on 03/01/10
Hey311
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
are these guys still a dtr band?
05:19 PM on 03/01/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Saw these guys open for Tegan and Sara. They were really great. I picked up their newest album, but have yet to listen to it.

Trampoline ?

If so, DROP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING and go listen to it start to finish. It takes a couple listens to fully appreciate it though.
05:20 PM on 03/01/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
i miss the old steel train. they need to bring the funk back.

haha strongly disagree. The only old song of theirs I love is "Blown away".

nope they finally got off that stupid piece of shit label. Thats why the album is not out yet (DTR holding the record back)

FUCK DRIVE THRU.

I don't care how old "fuck dtr" comments get. It needs to be said.
05:22 PM on 03/01/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I do love ST, but do miss their "old" sound. For you my dear is still one of my favorite records. Not to take anything away from Jack, but I did like when Scott sang better. And maybe I'm late on this, but does anyone know why he left?

no clue, I heard he was kicked out...
05:34 PM on 03/01/10
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
I love WeWoreMasks. Best music blog. I go there all the time.

I would say the following;

next time get a tripod so its not so jittery, Next time you ask questions allow a beat (4-8 seconds) before letting the band answer the question so its not so choppy in post, and also pull the camera back so we can see all of the guys even when some aren't talking cause then we can see their expression to the questions and answers.
good luck next time!
as far as "turnpike ghost" goes, ITS AMAZING. so stoked for the new record!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the tips. it's a flip cam, and we were all pretty jittery about doing it on video, so there you go. also, we definitely decided to keep the interviews more organized in the sense of having a "wait" period between Qs and As so the editing is much easier. most of it was interrupting dialogue so it became pretty much impossible to chop the shit up.

been off since august.
05:47 PM on 03/01/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.

thanks for the tips. it's a flip cam, and we were all pretty jittery about doing it on video, so there you go. also, we definitely decided to keep the interviews more organized in the sense of having a "wait" period between Qs and As so the editing is much easier. most of it was interrupting dialogue so it became pretty much impossible to chop the shit up.

ahhhh gotcha. I liked the interview, I still want more insight to the DTR drama though. hah
05:53 PM on 03/01/10
SoDakValerie
User Info.
I liked "Blown Away" but everything between that & Trampoline didn't click with me. However I LOVE Trampoline. And their new stuff sounds fantastic.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums