11:24 AM on 03/03/10
tool5591
hey, vanity
User Info.
A Day To Remember is still together =P

oops hi
too many bands with too many acronyms
what i meant to say was "i luv AIC, BTBAM, & ETID!"

anyway back to the band that matters. thanks At The Drive-In (safe mode) for the great music :)
11:25 AM on 03/03/10
harveyn590
User Info.
The one thing I don't like about At The Drive In is all of these shitty bands that claim to have been influenced by them. In no way do these bands posses any of the traits that made ATDI speical.

I will always prefer The Mars Volta, but At The Drive In is great.
11:43 AM on 03/03/10
barkingincision
i am white rune
User Info.
still love the mars volta more, they've pushed far more boundaries in all that is art and music, but atdi were undeniably a phenomenal band that resembled youth and energy while maintaining that free experimental spirit. relationship of command and acrobatic tenement were definitely my favorites.
11:44 AM on 03/03/10
barkingincision
i am white rune
User Info.
The one thing I don't like about At The Drive In is all of these shitty bands that claim to have been influenced by them. In no way do these bands posses any of the traits that made ATDI speical.

I will always prefer The Mars Volta, but At The Drive In is great.
i agree with you completely, though i think that so many of those bands cite atdi that one or two of them are good.
11:47 AM on 03/03/10
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
Still one of my all time favorite bands. ROC rules.
11:50 AM on 03/03/10
lucky#88
Frequent Goodwill Shopper
User Info.
i was late to the party on these guys, not discovering them until *gulp* 2008. regardless they were a phenomenal band. relationship of command is an all-time great album.
12:03 PM on 03/03/10
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
User Info.
I remember a lot of my older friends worshiped these guys back in the day. I was never really introduced to their music until 2007.
12:08 PM on 03/03/10
concealer611
User Info.
Texas represent! Amazing band, definitely the best live performance I ever saw, I was lucky enough to catch one of their last performances before they called it. Wish they hadn't broke up.
12:09 PM on 03/03/10
MattDennis
(Yeah)
User Info.
As much as I love At The Drive-In, I would like to see what The Mars Volta could do if their songs had to be within 3:30 to 4 minutes.

I understand what you're trying to say, but if that were the case they wouldn't be The Mars Volta anymore. It would take away a lot of what is awesome about them.

still love the mars volta more, they've pushed far more boundaries in all that is art and music, but atdi were undeniably a phenomenal band that resembled youth and energy while maintaining that free experimental spirit. relationship of command and acrobatic tenement were definitely my favorites.

Couldn't have put that any better myself. As a prog nerd everything TMV do and the level of musicianship/experimentation they display while doing it naturally appeals to me more. Dosn't take anything away from ATDI's legacy though.
12:40 PM on 03/03/10
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
band owns. i listen to a song or a few by them every day. now that the get up kids are back together, this band is my number 1 band i wish would re-unite.
12:48 PM on 03/03/10
flip
shut up
User Info.
one of my biggest regrets is never getting to see them live. one of my all time faves.

for now...we toast is a masterpiece.
12:55 PM on 03/03/10
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
No words can suffice
01:01 PM on 03/03/10
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
one of my biggest regrets is never getting to see them live. one of my all time faves.

for now...we toast is a masterpiece.
Fuckers were supposed to open the Beastie Boys/ RATM tour that got canceled. I was gonna hit that up
01:01 PM on 03/03/10
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
I remember the day that One Armed Scissor played on MTV2. I was a freshmen in high school and every single punk kid was talking about how outrageous and high energy the song was. I enjoyed it but I didn't love the band until i heard Invalid Litter Dept. a song which appeared on almost every mix CD I made for someone between 2003-2007. I remember putting it on a mix I made a friend in college and for the rest of the year whenever there was an awkward silence one of us would just moan "dancing on the corpses ashes"
01:08 PM on 03/03/10
imelliott
lame
User Info.
best weekly nostalgia thus far!!!

Relationship of Command will always be one of my favorite records.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests