|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We made a long list of names, and Eolune looked the coolest on paper. It’s a combination of Greek and French words that basically means “morning moon.” It’s nice having a band name that no one else has, but it sucks having a band name that no one can pronounce (ee oh loon).
2. How did this band get started?
We began (David and Corey) demoing songs while attending distant colleges. Joined by drummer Jonathan Schmidt, who now plays drums for Morningwood, we recorded our debut effort, Canvas EP. The band currently consists of David Hunt, Corey Wade, Lorne MacArthur, and Josh Cuadra.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are generally very open to bands who are not afraid to try new things. Thrice is probably one of the best examples of such a band. We think it is very inspiring that they continue to make music on their own terms.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Hmmmm….Thrice…Nine Inch Nails…Red Hot Chili Peppers…Jimi Hendrix (we’ve always wanted to light a laptop on fire)…The Flaming Lips…Quiet Riot (circa 1983), why not??!!
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Dog, duh. Or maybe a whale, cause they dominate the seas. But what kind of question is that, seriously guys, come on.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because our EP is free, and can be downloaded from our website: www.eolune.com
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
“Naked in Poems” because of it has some intricate guitar and drum stuff going on. Considering that how difficult it is with real instruments, I’d imagine it’s a hell of a lot easier/gratifying in a video game.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
How many pages do you want? Double-spaced or single-spaced?
10. Memorable tour experience?
Last summer we were on tour with U2 and had a day off in Moscow. We decided to play a quick game of street basketball in Red Square. Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash played on Bono and the Edge’s team. It was a total blowout victory for us…Kobe is all talk…and Bono wouldn’t shut up about world poverty….the Edge wouldn’t stop wanking with his fucking delay racks (it was a serious delay of game)…But Steve Nash was a really cool guy….We’ve never been on tour.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP is our favorite online music news source. We like how it features many up and coming bands, as well as some the giants. We’re very honored/humbled to be featured on it.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Probably “Canvas,” because we like to end it by lighting Lorne on fire (guitar/synths).
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
“If I Ever Lose My Faith in You” by Sting. “Human Wheels” by John Mellancamp. “Secret Garden” by the Boss. Coolio. Top Gun soundtrack. Def Leppard. Anything by Technotronic (come on move this!).
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Whatever super powers Matt Bellamy (Muse) has…cause he’s definitely not human.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Nope….People put too much stock in “making it.” We’re just in it for the ride.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas with Halloween as a close second. Who doesn’t like scaring little kids?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Most of our spare time goes towards music. We also enjoy a quick game of chatroulette.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We’re all certified magicians.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author
Buy the Music