sean4123
User Info.
What the hell are you talking about?
08:29 PM on 04/28/10
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
What the hell are you talking about?
I misread the last part of your post, and I now take back what I said. I thought you meant something other than what you did.
05:50 AM on 04/29/10
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
Listened to this album probably 15 times through now since I got it and it still hasn't grabbed me much. I've really tried to get into their new direction but this album just seems really inconsistent. Seems more like they knew what they DIDNT want to sound like instead of knowing what they did want to sound like.

Don't get me wrong, I still like several songs on this album but *to me* its just not as good or fun as their last album period. And I am not a "singles" guy at all.
12:50 PM on 06/21/10
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
Band is awful. I wouldn't say the musicianship is even good.
I don't like the album or the band much, but they are great musicians... IDK how you could say taht the rhythm section is phenomenal.
11:05 AM on 07/08/10
provethatIexist
i must have read a thousand faces
User Info.
after letting this album soak in for almost three months, i must say that your review is almost spot-on. after my first listen, i never thought i'd be going back to this album as much as i have. only thing i disagree with is that it's the "opposite" of OS. I definitely think that the non-singles from OS were a hint at things to come. a few of those songs would fit right in on Congratulations, even. this is such a great album; definitely a grower.
05:15 PM on 01/24/11
FoxVsWolf
User Info.
I love all the poser comments saying they're MGMT fans because they liked OS. There's still 2 albums and 2 EP's other than OS. How can you claim to be a fan when you only like 20% of their work? Incredible album. If you don't like it.. well you can go suck MTV's dick.
08:53 PM on 01/30/11
The Blue Note
User Info.
I don't see why the lyrics are rated the lowest out of all the categories. They're spectacular
01:37 PM on 09/22/13
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
a mushroom trip is not a mushroom trip without siberian breaks.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests