AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Naked Hearts - 04.05.10

Interviewed by
Naked Hearts - 04.05.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Naked Hearts

www.thenakedhearts.com
www.myspace.com/thenakedhearts

1. How did you get your band name?
Naked Hearts is the name of the first song we wrote.

2. How did this band get started?
Amy: We played at the same club the same night in different bands. We immediately recognized a commonality in our music and ended up on tour soon after we met. Noah played drums and sang harmonies in my band. We loved singing together and found that we could write songs together.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Breeders, Nirvana, Fleetwood Mac, Blonde Redhead, Lemonheads, Pixies, Sonic Youth, Patty Smith, Elliot Smith, Neil Young, Radiohead, Vaselines…

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Blonde Redhead so we could hear them play every night. Snoop Dogg, for obvious reasons -

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Amy: A goat. They live in the most beautiful places. Noah: I would be a three-toed sloth. I want to hang from the trees with my three toes and just chill out.

6. Why should people listen to your band? Why shouldn’t they?
Noah: No one is forcing anyone to listen to anything – listen to what makes you feel good! If that is Naked Hearts, then do it often, it’s good for your heart.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Noah: I wish I knew this lingo, but I haven’t played video games since super Nintendo. I guess I would want ‘Mass Hysteria’ on there. It’s pretty fast and has a fun guitar part.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Noah: R u kidding? Radiohead barely made it on the Grammy’s and their probably one of the most defining and influential bands of our generation…

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Noah: It seems like there have always been problems with the music industry. We just try to keep doing what we’re doing as artists without letting all the BS get in the way.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Noah: Playing in Provo, Utah. It was s very small all ages show. It was kind of quiet, with a couple of dozen kids sitting in fold-out chairs waiting for us to get started. When we started getting up to play, someone started banging and clapping the “We Will Rock You” beat; bang bang clap, bang bang clap. Everyone in the room started to do it like a kindergarten classroom. Trippy…

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Everything

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Noah: We love playing new songs, so whichever one is the newest is usually the most fun to play. Keeps us on our toes!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Jamaica, man!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Amy: The Bangles, 4 tops, Debbie Gibson, Whitney Houston /// Noah: Gloria Estefan, Michael Jackson, The Big Chill Soundtrack

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Noah: It would be to time travel. I want to go to the future and ride a hoverboard!

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Noah: Our band is still young in my mind, and we’re always getting better, and trying to expand what we can do. I think we’re just happy to keep developing and see where it goes.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Noah: Amy’s brother- in- law is baseball superstar

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Martin Luther King Day

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Amy: Travel, go to the movies, take pictures

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Noah: Amy can tap dance really well. I think that about sums it up.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
12:45 AM on 04/07/10
ghdiv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
GHD hair straighteners are the popular gift set for both celerities and common
people because of the high quality and world famous brand. And now online shopping can make you save a lot--buy
cheap&quality ghd straighteners sale 50%, Free Shipping ! NO Tax ! you will found
cheap GHD Iv Styler for your need on ghdsaleshop.com

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version