Username
Password

01:32 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
klawansie7
do you believe in magic?
Bloomington, IN
Female
Hi, everyone. I'm Chad. It's great to see such interest in carrying on the round-up.

I've actually thought for a while that the games round-up should be split off. I always found myself trying to force a lot of information into a small space, and I think a lot of people wanted to see a games round-up but never thought to look in the Technology Round-up

You got it, klawansie7 (sorry, I haven't had a chance to learn everyone's names).

I'll be glad to help you all out in whatever capacity you desire. Going through the news takes as much if not more time than writing the round-up. The feeds I followed post over 300 posts a day, and that's where I found myself falling behind.

Just let me know how I can help!

Thanks to you all for having such enthusiasm.

Chad

My name's Melissa

What feeds do you normally go through daily?

EDIT: Also, how exactly do I go about posting all my findings for one week? Do I just post them all in my blog on Saturday morning/afternoon?

I was going to ask which feeds you follow also... I've started compiling an RSS feed of my own on Google Reader, I think there's a way to share it with other users if anyone else wants to follow it? I can set that up if people want. Or not.
01:45 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
lilmsdgado
No Avatar Selected
chicago,il
Female - 23 Years Old
I can help with what ever is left, just let me know. =)- Amanda
02:29 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
CyberInferno
Tech Round-up Author,Chipotle Lover
Dallas, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
What feeds do you normally go through daily?

EDIT: Also, how exactly do I go about posting all my findings for one week? Do I just post them all in my blog on Saturday morning/afternoon?
For technology news specifically, I go through all the following feeds:

bit-tech.net
AppleInsider
Ars Technica
CNET News
Download Squad
Engadget
Extremetech
Gizmodo
Hack In The box
HardOCP
Lifehacker
New Scientist
Redmond Pie
Slashdot
Xbit Labs

For now, I think everyone is just kind of experimenting with ideas of how to proceed with the round-up. I dropped the ball the last couple months, so I understand the staff wanting to go another way than just my writing it.

Honestly, I would be happy to continue writing it with people contributing the news. For instance, if everyone took one or two news feeds (I could divide them up so that everyone has a relatively equal share) and sent the interesting links each week, then I wouldn't have to worry about falling behind on news and could focus on writing and editing. The biggest problem I had was missing a couple days of news then having to go back through hundreds of articles with an approaching deadline. I always made sure that I at least glanced at previews for every article from the aforementioned feeds.
03:07 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
My name's Melissa

I was going to ask which feeds you follow also... I've started compiling an RSS feed of my own on Google Reader, I think there's a way to share it with other users if anyone else wants to follow it? I can set that up if people want. Or not.
Can I get a link to your RSS? I'll throw one together myself later today, and I'll do the same.
03:31 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
klawansie7
do you believe in magic?
Bloomington, IN
Female
Can I get a link to your RSS? I'll throw one together myself later today, and I'll do the same.
http://www.google.com/reader/view/#s...2Freading-list

^^ that's the link. i'll be adding more feeds later, just wanted to get it started.

send me the link to yours when you make it!
03:35 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
http://www.google.com/reader/view/#s...2Freading-list

^^ that's the link. i'll be adding more feeds later, just wanted to get it started.

send me the link to yours when you make it!
Sad Cody. I don't have permission to view that page.
03:45 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm still a little confused. I've found a few links that are perfect for this weekend's round-up. How do I go about getting them all in one place before sending them to Marcus/Chad to be put into the final product? Do I put each link in my blog?
03:48 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
No Avatar Selected
I think we should be sending stuff to Chad to organize it form now on. If everyone's okay with it, I'll do a game-related round up each week.
04:13 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
klawansie7
do you believe in magic?
Bloomington, IN
Female
Sad Cody. I don't have permission to view that page.
ah, it's cuz i didn't share any of the links, my bad. should work now.

EDIT: wait do you not have a gmail account?
04:15 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
ah, it's cuz i didn't share any of the links, my bad. should work now.

EDIT: wait do you not have a gmail account?
I don't have Gmail, but I use Google Reader.
04:20 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
klawansie7
do you believe in magic?
Bloomington, IN
Female
I don't have Gmail, but I use Google Reader.
http://www.google.com/reader/shared/mklawans

that should work.
04:41 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
No Avatar Selected
also, if anyone wants me to contribute to tech round up, i'm willing to do so. just got home from school and already my game round up's going to around 3 pages :)
07:32 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
I'm still a little confused. I've found a few links that are perfect for this weekend's round-up. How do I go about getting them all in one place before sending them to Marcus/Chad to be put into the final product? Do I put each link in my blog?

Yes, please start a blog and post your links in your blog. After you have done that, post a link to your blog in this thread and I will take a look at it and give suggestions. At the end of the week, you will send the link to your blog to whomever is putting the whole thing together and they can easily copy and paste from your blog into the final product.
09:17 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Yes, please start a blog and post your links in your blog. After you have done that, post a link to your blog in this thread and I will take a look at it and give suggestions. At the end of the week, you will send the link to your blog to whomever is putting the whole thing together and they can easily copy and paste from your blog into the final product.
Alright, thanks, Linda. I'll get right on it.

EDIT: Do I put each link in a seperate blog entry, or do I just keep editing the same one, until all my links for that week are in one entry? I'm sorry, I'm really new to the blog world here.
11:44 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Alright, thanks, Linda. I'll get right on it.

EDIT: Do I put each link in a separate blog entry, or do I just keep editing the same one, until all my links for that week are in one entry? I'm sorry, I'm really new to the blog world here.
Keep editing the same one so that all of your entries for one week are in one blog entry.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos