|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Reboot The Robot - 04.12.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Reboot The Robot
www.MySpace.com/RebootTheRobot and www.RTRmusic.com
1. How did you get your band name?
It came about one day at work! No magical event or anything like that.
2. How did this band get started?
It was actually a side project to sor of make ex girlfriends feel bad, but then it blew up and started having moderate success, so it was sort of taken on as the "full time" music project. But still a side one. hah.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Mainly the small underground bands, but some bigger ones as well. Audio Adrenaline, Dashboard, The Get Up Kids. Something to write home about was a great Get Up Kids album. It influenced me a ton when I was younger.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Johnny Cash for sure. I like the way he presented himself.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Definitely a chinchilla, if for no other reason than they look cool. They're like a giant hamster.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because you have nothing better to do. haha. But in all honesty because I think all indies deserve the chance to be heard and reviewed, and if people don't give them the time of day, they'll never know what they're doing right or what they're doing wrong. It's the same opportunity I give other up and coming bands, and I hope the same respect is given to the music I make
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Either"Taken Away" or "As Water Fills The Lungs". And it wouldn't be hard at all, because all the stuff I write is easy to play. I really do suck at guitar!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I'd thank McDonalds Sweet Tea. Have you ever had it? Holy crap. It's delicious.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd change the relationship between labels and the musicians they "serve". A lot of great bands get screwed out of a lot of money or go in debt to labels due to bad business decisions on the label's part. It's a shame that in order to get "world famous" artists have to subject themselves and their music to some truly shoddy business practices that are used by labels.
10. Memorable tour experience?
One time, at about 2 am in Illinois, we had to call 911 because a semi-truck was on fire. I kid you not. And the driver didn't know it and so he was happily driving down the highway with no idea that his entire trailer was engulfed in flames. It was awesome. And in the midst of it all, I accidentally spilled my double-fudge yoohoo all over my hoodie. Definitely not an experience I'll forget anytime soon.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I think the site has so many great built in supports for indie bands. I mean, the site helps get bands reviewed, offers out free music on behalf of bands... I can't think of a site that supports indie musicians better. And it's a real pain trying to get your start, trying to get your music out and get people to listen to it... It's really mind-blowing that the site does this and expects nothing in return. Really sharp, guys.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I actually make up ridiculous little songs here and there, and the lyrics are never the same, but those are my favorite to play. That and "I wanna grow old with you" by Adam Sandler.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Boca Raton, FL!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Linda Ronstadt, unfortunately. Well, her and the bangle's eternal flame. My mother used to play it all the time when I was growing up.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Dane cook said it best: Shooting spaghetti out of your fingertips. Why? Because it's awesome and you'd never go hungry.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don't think I'll ever feel that I've made it, simply because I know that I can do so much better than what I've already accomplished, and that pushes me to write better music. I think when my music is perfect then I'll feel I'll have made it, but because I'm always growing and learning as an artist, I don't think I'll ever get there.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I have a pet chicken, and her name is Nugget. hah. I'm vegetarian, and I adopted her to save her from going to the slaughterhouse. She's actually a lot of fun once you get to know her.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sleep. And I like to cook. Actually, I'm a freaking awesome cook. Come over sometime. I'll make you dinner.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Back in the day I had a pair of Soap brand shoes. I could grind the hell out of some curbs in the front of walmart....
03:05 AM on 04/20/10
Talking about the second and third
Music isn't half bad either.
More From This Author