AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Justin Bieber - My World 2.0 Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 4
Musicianship 4.25
Lyrics 2
Production 8.5
Creativity 2
Lasting Value 3
Reviewer Tilt 1
Final Verdict: 35%
Member Ratings
Vocals 2.56
Musicianship 2.16
Lyrics 1.31
Production 3.03
Creativity 1.31
Lasting Value 1.34
Reviewer Tilt 1.81
Average: 19%

Justin Bieber - My World 2.0

Reviewed by: SingMeInsomnia (04/17/10)
Justin Bieber - My World 2.0
Record Label: Island / BMG
Release Date: March 19, 2010

Justin Bieber. Merely the name can reduce tween girls to tears and hysterical giggly screaming fits. In case you have been living under a rock and have no idea who he is, he is the new poster boy of the J-descendents: Justin Timberlake, Jesse McCartney, and the Jonas Brothers. He is a teeny-bopper with a Karen O bowl-cut, and he WILL fix it every 5 minutes, even though he is nowhere near a scene kid. Before I go any further I must warn you that this review will not necessarily be something a Bieber fan would want to read. Beliebers of the Bieber, you're better off reading your Teen Beat magazines. Seriously.

"My World 2.0" starts off with the popular single "Baby." Like the rest of his songs, it is very catchy and is destined to be made mainstream. The sheer lyrical genius of the chorus ("Baby, baby, baby ooh/Like baby, baby, baby nooo/ Like baby, baby, baby ohh) is enough to launch it to number one in charts around the world. On a sidenote, what the heck is Ludacris doing in this song? I kind of regard Luda as the Rock of music. Appearing in "Baby" is almost like appearing in the "Tooth Fairy." At the same time, it is understandable due to the mass appeal Bieber has with the female population. Perhaps Ludacris simply making a smart career choice.

The next song is "Somebody To Love." The first thing that popped up in my mind is why he would choose to name it after a legendary Queen song. Naming debacle aside, it is a reminiscent of all the remotely catchy dance-pop plaguing the radio today. The general feeling would be that he is trying too hard to be catchy like Chris Brown and only pulls off a pale replica to previous artists of his style. "Stuck In The Moment" is a reasonably good song with the exception of the first few lines. There seems to be a pattern with mainstream artists feeling the urge to compare themselves to Romeo and Juliet. There are worthier duos out there like perhaps Phineas and Ferb? Juno and Bleeker? Chazz Michael Michaels and Jimmy McElroy?

"U Smile" and "Runaway Love" are both overproduced R'n'B tracks. It doesn't sound unlistenable, but at the same time, there is not really any originality. "Never Let You Go" features his twin sister Justine Bieber. Just kidding. It is, however, his newest single and frankly, it's one of the better tracks on the album. A nice ballad with radio appeal, sung with the lovelorn feeling only a 16 year old boy can feel. I found myself liking this song before my better judgment set in.

"Overboard" gave me a little amusement upon hearing that the girl's voice is lower than his. Again, it is a ballad with an okay set of lyrics. Although I can't stand Sean Kingston, "Eenie Meenie" is a tremendously catchy song, with its clever usage of the old rhyme/chant. I was surprised by Bieber's lower register in "Up." If this is how he will sound after puberty, he just might be able to sell more records. "Up" is actually a pretty good song with adequate lyrics and vocals, and manages to be different at the same time.

"My World 2.0" has enough appeal to excite the masses, but lacks any creativity or substance. This album further darkens the line that divides his fans and haters. One can appreciate his feeble attempts to make his music relatable and meaningful, but at the end of the day, he will always get the better end of the deal. As much as we can hate on him and his voice, he has a sturdy enough fanbase to make him enough money to send himself to university a hundred times over. The downside is that his critics will be forced to listen to him crank out generic single after generic single until he will be sucked into the world of child-star obscurity. Somebody find a cure for this Bieber Fever before it is too late.

Recommended If You LikeIyaz; Chris Brown; Jesse McCartney; Jonas Brothers; David Archuleta; Hello Kitty Suicide Club

myspace.com/justinbieber

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
02:26 PM on 04/20/10
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
Good review, but this sort of seems more of a hate review if anything.

Still, I don't blame you for doing it

Great job.
02:49 PM on 04/20/10
:-)
User Info.
I laughed my way through this. great job
06:57 PM on 04/20/10
Augustrunsred
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kudos on the hilarious review. I laughed at the Karen O and Justine crack. And your last paragraph is pretty onpoint.
11:36 AM on 04/21/10
MetalIsThyGod
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this review was very good, i hate that kid, but if it makes the kids happy...
04:22 PM on 04/21/10
HatShapedHat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shitty review.

Kids got an amazing voice and you give it a 4? You're a retard.
04:57 PM on 04/21/10
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
Shitty review.

LMAO
01:43 AM on 04/22/10
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
"I was surprised by Bieber's lower register in "Up." If this is how he will sound after puberty, he just might be able to sell more records."

14 year old girls won't go for a deep voice
03:34 PM on 04/22/10
etwardjetward
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
funny review.
03:34 PM on 04/22/10
etwardjetward
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh yea, and his voice is horrible.
04:28 PM on 04/22/10
KaneFails
The Knight Who Says Ni
User Info.
this review was very good, i hate that kid, but if it makes the kids happy...
I'm not a fan either, but the kids like it!
07:42 PM on 04/22/10
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
09:05 PM on 04/22/10
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
I would rather listen to an audio recording of this review 10,000 times than listen to his album once more :]
01:35 AM on 04/23/10
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
Shitty review.

"Male - 25 Years Old"

05:00 AM on 04/23/10
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
Shitty review.

The auto-tune would make you think that
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums