|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Spiral Pitfall - 04.11.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
www.myspace.com/spiralpitfall (Information base)
spiralpitfall.bandcamp.com (Free Album Download)
20 Questions (Answered by Ian Sheffer)
1. How did you get your band name?
As lame as it sounds, I seen the band name on the wall of the bathroom of our old house. It just came to me then and there.
2. How did this band get started?
This band started with our drummer Bill and I jamming covers of our favorite bands in the basement and garages of our houses growing up.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are influenced by a lot of bands that come from different directions. For example, Meshuggah is a huge inspiration for our drums, however R.E.M. is a huge influence for some guitar parts.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
If we could tour with any band, I would pick Alice in Chains because we have been told a number of times that we are in the same category as them.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
If I were a furry animal, I would be a dog, because everyone would give a ton of attention and I could enter any room I wanted without explanation.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I feel that people should listen to our band because we try very hard to create a type of music that is fresh and moving in the forward direction, with respect to the past. Every moment of every song is thought out and is intended to be that way. I don't hear anybody doing what we are doing now, and I can't believe it.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
If I could choose what Guitar Hero song I wanted in a game, I would pick 'Pilot Light' because it's like an easy AC/DC riff, it isn't very hard and it sounds awesome. Most people would master it first try.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
If I won a grammy, I would thank the person who handed it to me at the grammies.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
If I could change anything about the music industry, I would just want to eliminate the record companies altogether.
10. Memorable tour experience?
The night before one of our shows in Wisconsin, a bunch of us drunkenly got on snowmobiles and had a snowball fight while we were racing through the fields on the outside area of the venue, stopping every once in the while to get up on boxes and look the windows to see the dark stage where we would be playing the following night.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Absolute Punk, obviously. Doh! Nah, ap.net means a chance for musicians and like-minded fans to mingle and share an art that non-visitors probably wouldn't recognize.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play right now, is probably 'Known By Name' of our next record, which is due this summer.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My vacation spot of choice would be (almost) anywhere in Europe.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
John Mellencamp really reminds me of magical times growing up, and I am not afraid to admit I'm a huge fan.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
If had a super power, it would be to have Rick Rubin's powers of making everything gold that he touches.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don't feel that my band has made it, but things are going the way I have planned them to - so far.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most fans don't know that I love the 80's and everything about it.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is usually Halloween because of the chaos and parties it entails.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I love discovering new music and taking long walks in the middle of the night. Like 3 or 4 am middle of the night.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I don't really think I have discovered my hidden talent yet, has anyone?
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author
Buy the Music