AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Emily Daniels - 04.26.10

Emily Daniels - 04.26.10

Interviewed by
Emily Daniels - 04.26.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Emily Daniels

www.myspace.com/emilyxdanielsx
www.facebook.com/emilydanielsmusic

1. How did you get your band name?
It's just my name. I thought about making up a pseudonym for a while, but I was talking to my brother one day and he said, "what is wrong with your regular name? It's a fine name!" I decided to scrap the whole thing. It was too time-consuming to pick a new name anyway. I couldn't find any that I liked.

2. How did this band get started?
I've been writing music as long as I can remember. I guess I've been a little, self-contained band for about forever.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Beyonce, Britney Spears, Feist, Lady Gaga, Regina Spektor, Amy Winehouse

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Beyonce. She's a brilliant person and an amazing performer.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I could never be a furry. But, if in a life and death situation I had to choose...
I suppose I would be a cat. I rather like cats.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
If they like this genre then they will probably find my music enjoyable. Also, it's the hip thing to do.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Sugar Shock! Primarily because everyone whose ever listened to it knows all of the words. Sometimes I'll go to parties and people will randomly start singing it. It must just be very relate-able! I don't think it would be too difficult at all to get a five-star on expert. It's a dance tune... so by nature it's very simple.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank everyone who's ever purchased my music. I would thank my family. I would thank anyone who has ever invested in me.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would make it easier for poor people to get started. I think I would have people loaning out cash a bit more freely.

10. Memorable tour experience?
I played a show at a wreath-making factory once. It was so bizarre and smelled strongly of pine.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Lots of good bands listed in one central location.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Be Good To Me.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I've always wanted to go to the Bahamas, but since I can't afford it I mostly vacation in my backyard (lol!) But I have a lovely garden so it's always a treat.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Motown. The Grand Canyon Suite. Gershwin.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would like to shape-shift. That way I could have ALL superpowers. If I wanted to fly, I could shape-shift into something with wings. If I wanted to be invisible, I could shape-shift into either something invisible or something that seamlessly blended it's surroundings.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don't. I/we have a long way to go. I have high standards and want to reach as many people as possible.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I have lupus.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write music. Sing. Garden. Hang out with my brothers. Read.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm fairly good at Tektonics. I'm a bit shy, though.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests