AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Jailbox - 05.02.10

Jailbox - 05.02.10

Interviewed by
Jailbox - 05.02.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Jailbox
www.myspace.com/jailbox

1. How did you get your band name?
Our singer, Andy Tanz, had created it as a recording title and it stuck.

2. How did this band get started?
Andy Tanz wrote a heavy amount of songs, began playing them with his friends Cody & Samuel Schenck, and Joseph Bassa, and they still do that.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
We get a lot inspiration from Radiohead, Coldplay, Owen, and Death Cab for Cutie

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I guess any of the band mentioned in question #3, because it would make sense for bands of the same genre to market themselves to the same crowds, right? Plus, we'd get to hang out with our favorite bands.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A duck. Think about it.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We are completely self-produced in every way possible, from recording a record to touring with it, and it's enjoyable music. It isn't amateur and it isn't emotionally intangible. Plus, our stage banter is pretty rad.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would choose our song "One for Each of Us" because it relays itself in a 5/4 time signature, and definitely contains the most intricate guitar work on the record. But "Sleep Through New York" does have a few rockin' solos at the end... oh the choices.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, Orion & Dog.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would change the radio first, so that cookie-cutter pop formula music is never heard on a mainstream level again, thus enhancing the attention spans and intelligence of the modern public, providing a sense of awareness and creating a self-actualization revival. Then, I would take away big label corporations so music benefits the artists again (you know, the ones actually creating the product). Finally, if any deals were made, instead of sitting behind a leather chair on a computer screen, hollowed eyes filled with dollar signs, watching an artists revenue pile up, I'd make any "Executive" work a full length tour and pay dues in the sense of a blue collar organization. And at that point, euphoria begins.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Andy Tanz toured with Samantha Crain & the Midnight Shivers for over 3 years, on Ramsuer Records.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It is a user-friendly organization promoting "the little guys", and helping bands with talent work from the ground up into a respectable artists, self-supported and confident for the future.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Clone Me" or "Taking It Slow Is So Dull"... it just depends what I'm wearing.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Bermuda Triangle

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Sugar Ray or Goo Goo Dolls

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would change the radio first, so that cookie-cutter pop formula music is never heard on a mainstream level again, thus enhancing the attention spans and intelligence of the modern public, providing a sense of awareness and creating a self-actualization revival. Then, I would take away big label corporations so music benefits the artists again (you know, the ones actually creating the product). Finally, if any deals were made, instead of sitting behind a leather chair on a computer screen, hollowed eyes filled with dollar signs, watching an artists revenue pile up, I'd make any "Executive" work a full length tour and pay dues in the sense of a blue collar organization. And at that point, euphoria begins.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No, we need management and a distribution deal. And a trailer.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We like them.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
The Holiday Formal

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Backyard baseball before band practice.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Stage banter, Mario Kart on Nintendo 64, tongue rolls... take your pick.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
08:08 AM on 05/03/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I like how the super power & change the industry questions were the same, since god knows only a superhero could do the former.
08:09 AM on 05/03/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Also, #19 reminded me of this:

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT