Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27
02:37 PM on 05/04/10
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
Cool interview.

I was disappointed with Omni, personally. As I've said many times - they deserve all the success in the world and I will still plug this band to many people - but I will not be recommending them Omni.
05:48 PM on 05/04/10
ThisModernLove
User Info.
i'm still on the fence, i can't tell if i like it or not.
i find myself skipping thru songs but i really like "excuses" and "animal backwards"
05:56 PM on 05/04/10
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
Great interview, I love this band
07:46 PM on 05/04/10
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Cool interview.

I was disappointed with Omni, personally. As I've said many times - they deserve all the success in the world and I will still plug this band to many people - but I will not be recommending them Omni.
you gotta take the record for what it is....its a fun record to sit back on a cool summer night and listen to with a few beers. Omni i love for the grooves and melodies. even though its softer i find it really soothing i have been a fan since "they make beer.." and while i love all their records i have think don't tend to love menos el oso as much as planet of ice. that record was really technical and clean also kind of electronic vibe. still a great record but i find myself going back and listening to Planet....as it had a really wild jam vibe and spacey guitars.
08:09 PM on 05/04/10
avitodvd
avi to dvd
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this album, well done !
08:10 PM on 05/04/10
avitodvd
avi to dvd
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this music,
09:30 PM on 05/04/10
curator
Am I Wry? Maybe
User Info.
Quote I feel like, by the time it's gotten to the record, it's been edited so many times, that it's hard to hear that jammy-ness, so it's kind of cool that it comes across to someone [like that].

"Jammy" is officially a word!
12:20 AM on 05/05/10
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
you gotta take the record for what it is....its a fun record to sit back on a cool summer night and listen to with a few beers. Omni i love for the grooves and melodies. even though its softer i find it really soothing i have been a fan since "they make beer.." and while i love all their records i have think don't tend to love menos el oso as much as planet of ice. that record was really technical and clean also kind of electronic vibe. still a great record but i find myself going back and listening to Planet....as it had a really wild jam vibe and spacey guitars.
Sure.

I did take it for what it is. I'm not saying I wish they made a complete rehash of menos or anything. I thoroughly enjoyed Planet of Ice, found most of it excellent. I was maybe hoping for a little less electronics and synths overall and maybe a little more 'oomph' or whatever.

As for this omni being good for summer nights etc, that may be but that doesn't make it good to me. It just lacks staying power and has no kick to it.

When this summer is over will you still be rating omni?
07:23 AM on 05/05/10
thedougman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Menos El Oso is their best record to date -- it's quite technical, catchy, and urgent.

Ice is lacking the catchiness and urgency.

Omni is lacking the urgency.

As someone raised on punk and old hard rock, I just need the urgency in music sometimes. Minus the Bear lured me in with that urgency on their older material and mastered it on Menos -- everything else seems too laid back. Not to slight those albums in the least, but when you do something so well (ie, Menos), it's hard to not want more of that quality.

completely agree.
03:43 PM on 05/05/10
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Great interview, rocking OMNI at the moment. I'm really enjoying it and will definitely check out their older stuff.
10:43 AM on 05/06/10
DanceAlexDance
Just A Registered User
User Info.
seeing them tonight!
11:13 AM on 06/09/10
Underdogadam
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it's everythin you want it to be. as perfect as every other album of theirs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos