Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 131.
05:19 AM on 05/06/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
this is not a bad review guys. no need to get defensive and up in arms. there really is nothing negative in this review. they are a fun band and these are fun tracks. thomas stresses that.
Another case of people just looking at the score apparently. Not even like 68% is even that bad.
Thanks guys. I don't know if some people just glanced at the score but I didn't want the review to more negative. If the band read it, I would hope they wouldn't get discouraged. I thought it was fun but overall didn't have as much substance as I would have liked. Part of it is that it's a cover album, part of it is that some of the songs just really are kind of boring.
05:21 AM on 05/06/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
I did it because I wanted to keep it short.

Ah, well alright then.
05:21 AM on 05/06/10
Soupy
User Info.
Reviews a review but I have to say that I think Matty is the best singer in the genre and that his voice shines through on this record.
05:23 AM on 05/06/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Reviews a review but I have to say that I think Matty is the best singer in the genre and that his voice shines through on this record.
I kind of felt like it wasn't used right on the record. I think his voice is much better on The Kid's Can't Lose and I saw part of their set once and I liked his voice better live as well. I think there definitely are moments where it's fantastic, though, it's a little different from most voices in the genre.
05:24 AM on 05/06/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Definitely better then the vox in FYS and SYG. Not hating, just saying haha.
05:30 AM on 05/06/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Definitely better then the vox in FYS and SYG. Not hating, just saying haha.
A 7.5 for vocals isn't a low score. When I don't like vocals, I try to throw the dart in the 5's or 6's. It's very difficult to rate an album because of other biases you have and how it'll get received. I tried to keep it fair and accurate. Well, accurate in my opinion.
05:33 AM on 05/06/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
A 7.5 for vocals isn't a low score. When I don't like vocals, I try to throw the dart in the 5's or 6's. It's very difficult to rate an album because of other biases you have and how it'll get received. I tried to keep it fair and accurate. Well, accurate in my opinion.
I know, I'm not saying anything bad about the scoring, I can't agree or disagree yet because I haven't heard the album. I'm just saying that his vocals are better then the bands that are basically the front runners of the genre.
05:47 AM on 05/06/10
BlinkNFG15
User Info.
Love the band but I really am not ok with a cover album as a bonafide release. Especially when they put out such a solid debut on their own. When you do a song or two thats kosher but once it goes beyond that I really look at it as a waste of time.
06:01 AM on 05/06/10
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Another case of people just looking at the score apparently. Not even like 68% is even that bad.
68% is considered a D....borderline failing how do you not consider that bad?
06:53 AM on 05/06/10
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
and if this was the wonder years it would have been a 90% right?
I love the wonder years but I would never trust them with a motown covers album
07:20 AM on 05/06/10
wall e
@mattobrien37
User Info.
Being a fan of both AL4W and the music my parents used to play in the car when I was little, I am really looking forward to finally hearing this.
07:52 AM on 05/06/10
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

EVEN THE ONES THAT ARE RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG!

and racist.
07:56 AM on 05/06/10
futurebreed
Photographer
User Info.
I feel like I didn't really get a good sense of the album while reading this.... I've heard it, and I don't think the review describes it. I think the reviewer would do well from making a review like this a little longer and describing the release more instead of having a half a paragraph of actual interesting content about the album. For example, after reading the review, if I hadn't already heard the album I would have no idea if they changed the songs at all to adapt to a style of music or if they emulated the motown style. Plus I'm surprised on no mention of the guest spot from SYG in the review. Just some constructive criticism on your review writing....
07:56 AM on 05/06/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Great job with the review Thomas. I like the album as well too and I would probably rate it the same as you.
08:10 AM on 05/06/10
southparktvma
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"A Loss for Words may not be as talented as some of their pop punk peers"

Even if you don't like the band I don't understand how you could try to argue this. Everyone in the band is a very talented musician and although they aren't as popular as some of their peers, I find it hard to say they are less talented.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums