|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
There was a sketch on SNL that involved Bon Jovi and the sketch joked about how Bon Jovi was the last name of the Jon Bon Jovi. So we started saying each members last names to see which member had the best band sounding last name. Our drummer last name is Dancel , sounded cool, add an extra “L” to end and that’s how we got the band name.
2. How did this band get started?
Dancell originally started as a 4 piece band in 2008. We all knew each other and we were in previous bands before. Then we decided to start making music together and most recently we added two more members to solidify our lineup
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Relient K, The Starting Line, New Found Glory, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, City and Colour, Set Your Goals, Paramore, Acceptance, Eye Alaska, The Morning Of
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Any of the bands we listed as our influences would be great, but if we’re only choosing one we would have to Relient K. We had a chance to see them live just a couple months ago, and they put on a amazing performance. The detail and musicianship that was demonstrated was unbelievable. If we ever went on tour with Relient K, us as a band could learn a lot from them.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A Lion…here’s a quote from Grandma’s Boy “Anybody can get past a dog. But nobody f**ks with a lion.”
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If you a fan of pop-punk, piano rock, and alternative rock, were the band for you. Individually we all have our own unique musical styles that mesh really well with other when we write and play music. One of the missions/goals of our music is to be a voice for people who have
experienced the same emotions like us or people who going through the same emotions like us.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Our song “The Getaway” would be the most accessible with how it’s structured, and plus our lead guitarist, Sherwin, wrote a nice solo for
the song. So some part would be more difficult than others but an overall enjoyable song.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would have to thank our Family, Friends, God, Fans, Adinah Lagud, Dr. Harrison, Freebird Live, Timothy Jay, Paul Lipinski. All of these people play a vital role and helping us getting to the next level. So you can’t ever forget where you come from and where you’ve been.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
With all the music technology in abundance , the phrase “fake it till you make it” is very real now. Not all technology is bad, but more attention should be paid to the bands and artists that use technology to boost/enhance quality of a song and not cover up the fact that an artist can’t sing, or play a certain part of their music. Quality musicianship is somewhat questionable nowadays, but what is always pleasing to see are the artists and bands that understand there really is no substitute for taking the time to learn and effort to develop as a musicians and songwriters.
10. Memorable tour experience so far?
Playing UCF Green Waves Festival. We got to meet and open for Less Than Jake. The nicest and funniest group of guys ever.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net to us is one-of-a-kind online community where Artist and Fan can voice their thoughts or opinions on various subject (I.e. Music, Films Games, and Books), but the bread and butter of AP.net to us is how AP covers music from the tiniest of scenes to the biggest artists of the world. From staff reviews to fans personal accounts that quality that can’t be replaced.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our most emotionally driven to play live is a song called Cityscape, but our most energetic song to play would have to be our brand new song called “At It Again”.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Philippines, or Ireland.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Simple plan, they were a really popular when we we’re all younger.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to heal/regenerate like Wolverine.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
NOPE! We’re just getting started. We got a lot of things we want to accomplish as a band before we can even start considering that we’ve “Made It”.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Justin is only 16 yrs old , and Jun use to practice magic.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
It’s between two holidays: Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Both give all of us a chance to visit our families and be grateful for what we have.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Go to the beach, movies, or concerts.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Jun, our lead singer, is really good at Tennis. This is not a joke.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music