Love Note to Dexter - 05.12.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Love Note to Dexter
1. How did you get your band name?
A crazy dutch girl wrote a letter to our friend Dexter Hamilton and our dad found it and asked "What's this love note to Dexter doing here?" Boom.
2. How did this band get started?
Scarlett was looking at pictures of the two of us with our cousin Bryton and Ivan said "let's start a band!" We wrote and recorded our first EP, "Hang On A Second", that night while our dad was delivering a baby.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Anything Plan-It-X, but mostly the cutesy side, like Kimya Dawson, Paul Baribeau, Matty Pop Chart, and sure, why not, the Moldy Peaches.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Cat Stevens. Paul Baribeau. Three-way tour. Paul Cat to Dexter.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Ugh. Bear me the next question.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because man, don't you ever watch the Office and want to write a song about it? Or about surfing? Or about nothing but still, you're going to write it and sing it anyway? 'Cause that's what we do and it's a party.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Denim Pond" off our first EP. It is a full-fledged rawk song, man. And damn, it would be...not hard at all. It's like, power chords.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Dad, our cousin Bryton, everybody at the Delawana Inn and resort, probably my girlfriend, and the eponymous Dexter.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd get some awful corporation to pay attention to our stupid songs, care about them enough to put us in a tour bus, then forget about us by the time the next record is supposed to come out. We need that ringer.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We played a great set at our family Christmas! And at a Thanksgiving bonfire. Oh, and at our cousin Zach's going away party, we played a bunch of Against Me! covers with a drunken harmonica solo from our Aunt Charm in the corner. It wasn't even a real harmonica, it was on a necklace and about the size of a baby carrot.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Music mends broken farts. HA.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Probably "Tom Sawyer" off of our second E.P. "Everything's Butt". It's fast-talking, and non-sensical, until the third-verse hits and makes you feel all gooey and nostalgic. "Set aflame my memories / Abandon them like soiled sheets."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Probably the Delawana Inn and Resort in Honey Harbor. We've seen a lot of the world and will probably see a lot more. Been to Namibia? Boom. Been there.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Ace of Base. "What If God Were One Of Us?" They Might Be Giants. Bruce Springsteen. Backstreet Boys.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Scarlett: Definitely not staring straight into the sun. World's worst superpower. Probably teleportation.
Ivan: Food hands. I would just be able to conjure up any food from my hands. Also, super abs. At the same time.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We made cupcakes the other day. Is that "it"?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Probably that we don't have any fans.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas. 6:15, run down to that tree and stare at it until Dad wakes up. Hell, November 12th-December 31st is the sweetest spot.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write and record EPs or watch My So-Called Life on DVD.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Scarlett: I play triangle in my school's concert band. I have not showcased that yet in LNTD.
Ivan: I'm awesome at volleyball. Nobody believes me.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music