1. How did you get your band name?
I was trying to think of a name that resembled The Promise Ring, American Football, and names like that. I thought of Cootie Catcher, and originally that was just going to be a temporary name until I thought of a better one... but I never thought of a better one. FUN FACT: a Cootie Catcher is a name for those fortune teller things you used to make in elementary school where you pick a color and a number and that good stuff...
2. How did this band get started?
Well, I am the other half of the band The Glass Gentlemen, and we were on a brief hiatus cuz the other member was living in Oklahoma for a couple months. I'm the type of guy that can't ever stop writing music, so I began writing and recording the Cootie Catcher EP, which is basically a concept album about having a crush on a girl.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I drew my influences from bands the 90s emo bands that I love, like American Football, Mineral, and Castevet, but I also mixed in some more modern stuff as well, to give it a little more originality so it wasn't a complete rip-off, haha.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
American Football, Moving Mountains, and Mineral. That'd be a good show, right there!
5. If you were furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I'd be a monkey so I wouldn't get in trouble for throwing poop.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to Cootie Catcher if they want some music that isn't like most of the shit out there right now. I like to think that I am contributing a little bit to the "90s Emo Revival" movement that bands like Jacket Weather, Castevet, and the whole Count Your Lucky Stars Records roster are doing right now.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
None of my songs are very hard to play, but I think "Nothing Together" would be a fun little jam to play on that game.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank my family, friends, all the bands that have inspired me, my gerbils: Abbie and Claire, my cat Grendel, blue whales, peppered beef jerky, bean and cheese burritos, and coca cola.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I wish people would turn their TVs and radio off. There is soooo much good music out there that you have never heard of. Do some research and stop following the trends.
10. Memorable tour experience?
If I ever tour, I will let you know, afterwards. Hell, I haven't even played the first Cootie Catcher show yet!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net rules my life. I'm on this site as much as I possibly can be.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play is "Nothing Together." I like the bouncy verses.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
California. I wish I could see the beach whenever I wanted... Utah's damn mountains are blocking the view!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
50's/60's Doo Wop music. One of my earliest musical memories is listening to "The Wanderers" soundtrack on cassette in my parents old mini van. I still remember how I felt when I heard the song "Walk Like A Man" by Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons for the first time. I still listen to that stuff all the time.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Today, I want to be able to breathe under water forever, so I can explore the deepest parts of the ocean.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No way. I'm not even sure 100 people have even listened to this new band yet, haha. Spread the word, people!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I can tell you many fun facts about blue whales. For example: some of their main arteries are so large that a person can swim through them...like the tunnels at McDonalds!
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas!!! I like buying people stuff.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When I'm not working on music, I eat a lot of mexican food and spend a lot of time on AP.net and Facebook, haha. I also like to drive my car to random places, just for the hell of it.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
How about I tell you what talent I DON'T have... Bowling skills. I suck at that game. But it's fun nonetheless.